my dad died the other day

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
I'm really sorry,but you know he would want you to carry on with his interests.God Bless and hope comfort and understanding will come to you.

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT
you have my sympathy. I lost mine 5 years ago. It still doesn't seem real though. Carry on with your hobby as I am sure that he would want you to do that.

Words can never replace someone you lost but feel free to vent all you want and whenever you need to. I am sure that most of us here understand!!

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am so sorry that you lost your dad. My dad has been gone for 9 years and I still think about him almost every day.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Bang, I do know what that is like. I gave my own Dad a detector so he could
have a hobby like me. He used it too. I got it all back after he left us behind to
reap the reward of a slendid life. It will take some time, maybe a long time, to
get the desire but find a friend to lean on.
I got some relief for the pain of losing him by writing down all of my memories
of Dad. Get in touch if you ever need to.

God bless, lastleg

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005
Hi Bang

Glad you are here. This is a great board and TH is a fun and very personal hobby. Sorry about your Dad. I lost mine last year, and funny I was just thinking about him on my trip to the grocery store a little while ago. Just make sure you tell wonderful stories about him to any little ones if you have any.

itmaiden

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Bang,
I feel you pain buddy. Lost my Dad too. It has been seven years now, but I still miss him every day. As long as you keep him in your heart, he will never be gone.

God Bless.

Ray S

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
This is a large community that is willing to share your loss and lend support . Friendly folks are sometimes all you have to share your burden with .

Dirty WhiteBoy

Apr 21, 2009
Seminole, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX fine jewelery extraction device
I am so sorry to read of your loss of your father. I'm sure he would want you to carry on. My thoughts and prayers are with you in this difficult time for you!

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
I am sorry for your loss. I believe he will be with you on all your treasure huntin adventures. some memories are the best treasures.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry you lost your dad, and hunting partner,but I am sure he would love for you to get out and pan for some gold soon. What a great way to honor his memory

My Precious

Feb 10, 2009
Adirondack Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear you lost your dad and gold panning partner, carry on the tradition with his memory guiding you.

eldorado

Mar 19, 2009
Northwest OHIO
Detector(s) used
started out with compass nugget.1970? have had many over years, current choice is Garrett ACE 350. collection includes: ace 250, AT Pro, ATX, Whites 6000, whites classic, still have my compass too.
Sorry about your dad,, I lost my dad ten days before, the world trade centres came down. I am kinda glad he didnt have to see that. I think about him every day.. I still have the metal detector he bought us, from 1970's a good ole ,one knob compass. great little detector.
If you lost your anchor,,,,,,dont let the ship go adrift, find something else to anchor to.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sympathy7.jpg

Attachments