Class Ring Help Needed - Please!

a32deuce

Feb 19, 2005
Found this class ring a couple of months ago. Since it is so worn, it obviously meant a lot to the owner, so I am attempting to find him/her. It is from the class of 1972. A Balfour 10K ring with the initials of "RND" on the inside. On the herald on top of the ring is a large "T" and the name of the school is partially worn off, but appears to read, under magnification, either, Washington Academy or possibly American Academy, but I'm guessing Washington.

There are no schools with that name listed in my state, but we have a large military base nearby and I'm guessing the ring belonged to a GI stationed there. It was found in and old abandoned trailer park.

I'm quite sure the owner would like to have it back and I really want to return it, so any help from you guys, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any assistance or consideration.

Attachments

• Class Ring 003.JPG
    Class Ring 003.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 322
OP
OP
A

a32deuce

Feb 19, 2005
Thanks, already tried. Only got recorded messages, could not get a real person.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spoke with some lady @ Balfour, the only Washington Academy they have is the one in Machias, ME. http://www.washingtonacademy.org/ Also they (Balfour) do not keep records past 10 years.

She recommend sending the ring to them in case someone calls about it. Yea, sure!! Next, check the military base for possible lost graduation rings. Place on Craig's list, but do not place a picture...and a partly detailed ad "Found 1972 Washington Academy graduation ring in City/State".

Good luck, if I can be of any more help, just PM me.

:wink: RR

OP
OP
A

a32deuce

Feb 19, 2005
Thanks for the suggestions. I hadn't thought about Craig's list, good idea. I'll try it. Appreciate the help.

OP
OP
A

a32deuce

Feb 19, 2005
Wow, you guys/gals are great!! Thanks, Txkickergal, I'll call them and see where it leads. Appreciate it, Thanks.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not sure if one is the right place but those are too different schools in different states.

Artifact

Tenderfoot
Nov 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you post a bit clearer photo, even a closer view if possible? Thanks.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Holy Crap this thread & post is from way back in 2009...And he never did get back to you all to tell you what happened............... But if i found it it would have been mine & i would have sold it...........

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread