Mar 15, 2009
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Gary in Pennsylvania said:
deepskyal said:
So why are you asking the question and not detecting it?

When I drive along and spot a potential area that looks like there are old foundations in the woods....if it's not posted, looks long abandoned and unkempt and isnt interfering with someones activities or adjoining property....I get my detector out of the car and hit it.

I'm thinking you have a gut feeling something ain't quite right and that's why you ask. Otherwise...like I said...what I would do.

Al

Yeah Man!
Gosh - And I thought I was alone in that way of thinking! (still is the VAST minority though!)
I'd hit it too.

-

Yeah, I've already hit it and have come up with an 1876 seated liberty quarter, an 1863 store token, and a couple old buttons. The place is wooded and overgrown. No activity at all. Even my activity would be hard to spot. But, my finds have come from the edge of the woods where a field is. So I would like to spend more time in the field and the field does have an owner. Perhaps this is same owner of the wooded lot.

Anyway the field is being worked now. So maybe late fall or early next spring I call the owner and seek permission. My conscious would give me a hard time about pulling goodies out of a field owned by an 87 year old lady. I believe she inherited the land and probably leases the field to the farmer. Heck, she probably has stories to tell about the old town.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread