• house005.jpg
    house005.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 394

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & Quick Draw II
That lawn looks VERY pretty, Very flat, and well manicured. How long have you lived there and did you or the prior owners haul in "new" dirt for the lawn?

1/2 of my mother's lawn was dug down 6" and new sod was brought in when I was a kid. I find all sorts of cool things on the WEST side of the yard, and only clad and new stuff on the east side.

Great looking house though!!!

Grip

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you can only find it if it was lost....Matt

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one thing I have learned is that you can't judge a yard by the house, some of the nicest, oldest houses had very little in the yard, and some of the smallest crummiest houses had the most goodies, you never know!!!

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mlayers said:
you can only find it if it was lost....Matt

..............and you run your coil over it. Do you use the deep silver program for your DFX?

habs

OP
OP
lakillian

lakillian

Dec 29, 2006
Winfield, WV
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Prism V, Ace 250
eathabs said:
..............and you run your coil over it. Do you use the deep silver program for your DFX?

habs

No I don't, I didn't even know one existed, sigh :( I am trying to sell the DFX it is to much of a machine for me.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Glad to have you back, laki...We missed you. Great looking house. Hopefully, you will find some silver soon.

OP
OP
lakillian

lakillian

Dec 29, 2006
Winfield, WV
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Prism V, Ace 250
Thanks Ron! It is nice to be back now if I could only sell my DFX LOL!!! HOpe all is well with you!

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As BigAl suggests, you can try "planting" various items and then see how your detector reads/sounds with various settings. Learning your machine will be much more rewarding in the long run as opposed todown-scaling for a cheaper, less sensitive machine. Pay your dues and read and practice. :thumbsup:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
lakillian said:
Don't you think I would find some silver here? Sheesh!

Must be the prior owner had a Fisher. :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

I have the same problem here. House was built in 1987 and it was pastures & woods before that. I have found three coins on my 20 acres - all clad. ::) Some interesting relics, though. 1947 Dog tag, tractor parts, snapped soil implements, dozens of bullets, yards of chain and miles of barbed wire.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread