Heres a question - What would YOU do....?

Mojave

Nov 19, 2006
Louisville Colorado
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini III, Whites GMT, Bounty Hunters, Raytek & Aqua Survey
Here's a question - What would YOU do....?

Here's a question for everyone. What would YOU do if you found a "Lost Mine".

I'm not sure what I would do. I'm not a "miner", and I don't have any knowledge or interest to "mine", so if I found a "famous" lost mine, I'm not sure what I could do with that info. Other than "notoriety" for finding it, not sure what other value the info would (or could) have.

Thoughts????

jb7487

Apr 16, 2009
Re: Here's a question - What would YOU do....?

I'd stake my claim and take up mining. ;D I'd much rather be mining all day (or paying someone else to mine it for me) than sitting in front of a computer working.

P

pippinwhitepaws

find a hard rock miner, regardless of what everyone suggests..hard rock mining is dangerous for the professional deadly for the rest...
document everything...videos, photos, tape measure...
the story is worth more than the mine.

B

Big1011Guy

I may be a Newbie but I would run like heck, because the mine might blow up. Then I would call Law Enforcement.
Big1011Guy ;D

P

pippinwhitepaws

ok....i'll play...why on earth would an inert mountain blow up?

B

Big1011Guy

You mean he is not talking about a land mine with explosives.
Big1011Guy :blob8:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

He is talking about a gold mine. I would see how much gold was still there and get as much as I could and hope it is enough so I can sit back and relax for the rest of my days. If it wasn't enopugh then I would contact someone to make a movie about it...Matt

B

Big1011Guy

7 is a Good and Lucky Number.
7 Out of 10, Right.
Big1011Guy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Definitely file a claim, high grade it, then sell the claim to the highest bidder.
Then on to the next one, it's the thrill of the chase that keeps me going.

GG~

OP
OP
Mojave

Mojave

Nov 19, 2006
Louisville Colorado
Detector(s) used

I mean, like - What if you found "the Lost Dutchman Mine", or the "Skeleton Mine", etc. One of the "infamous" ones.

I guess one could stake a claim, but I think pippinwhitepaws was thinking what I was - that the story is worth more. That is, unless there is alot of gold just "lying around". I guess one could just call the press to report the find. Not sure.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hmmmm.......Stories must be worth much more than I thought.
A high yield gold mine is worth millions. (1 oz.+ to the ton)
Of course once you file your claim on it you could sell the mine and the story. :thumbsup:

GG~

OP
OP
Mojave

Mojave

Nov 19, 2006
Louisville Colorado
Detector(s) used

LOL - Smart guy! :D

I don't know, just seems like way too much work - Quitting my job, moving to a different state, filing a claim, and trying to learn how to mine (??) - I would be totally lost. It would be an adventure though, that's for sure!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mojave said:
I don't know, just seems like way too much work - Quitting my job, moving to a different state, filing a claim, and trying to learn how to mine (??) - I would be totally lost. It would be an adventure though, that's for sure!

There is plenty of Gold in Colorado to find. If you are out prospecting in the Rockies it's possible that you could stumble onto a lost mine just not very likely. For sure you will never find one if you're not out looking.

I don't want anything to do with working a mine other than to high grade it. I'm not the type to be stuck in one spot very long. Soon as the claim is filed and the assays determine the yield it's up for sale and I'm off on the next adventure.

GG~

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Keep my mouth shut! Assay it, work it & work it some more. Then get Kirsten Gum to come hang out with me ;D Then let the tourists come pay to take a tour of "The Lost ???? Mine"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread