I cant find silver so I did the next best thing!

Gettintoknowsomethin

Feb 15, 2009
Long Beach CA.
Detector(s) used
$49.99 Radio Shack
All I ever seem to find is pull tabs and clad! Seeing all this silver on this forum really makes you hungry!. I decided to do the next best thing I bought some!. I got 40 2009 silver eagles in U.S. mint rolls and a 10oz bullion bar from the Sunshine mine in Idaho. I also got 3 1oz S.G. gold coins, Total cost $3,989.67 with S&H. All and all not a bad week 50oz,s Silver and 3 oz,s GOLD! The stuff looks great spread out on your table!.Together with the 65 pounds of old silver coins I have saved up through the years its quite a stash! Now, I have to put it in the deposit box at the bank and forget about it until the dollar crashes!. I dont think it will be a long wait the way our Government is spending and printing money! Hopefully I will make a buck or two out of this in 2-3 years!. If you can I recommend you too buy a oz of silver each week and put it away for a rainy day!

Attachments

• f292_1.jpg
    f292_1.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 186
  • 48683_Obv.jpg
    48683_Obv.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 164
  • 48683_Rev.jpg
    48683_Rev.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 156
  • 2009-silver-eagle.jpg
    2009-silver-eagle.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 154

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Gettingtoknow:

You will be receiving unfavorable replies to your purchases shortly I
predict. Have you figured out how much per troy oz you paid for the
silver and gold?
I'll just say this: If you are eligible for a refund do so immediately.
The gold is just melt value. Not even US coinage which would in time
appreciate in value.
The silver you bought is probably melt value also.
I take NO pleasure in telling you this.
Try for a refund and ask the experts on this forum how to get some
bang for your buck on silver and gold.

Best of luck Friend
lastleg

OP
OP
Gettintoknowsomethin

Gettintoknowsomethin

Feb 15, 2009
Long Beach CA.
Detector(s) used
$49.99 Radio Shack
I got all for less then melt value! In fact the gold coins have already increased in value! Besides, I got too much money in the bank already! Cash can be boring! and the $50.00 gold coins are real currency! There is a value put on them by the U.S. mint that makes it a coin and not just gold the same goes for the $1.00 silver eagles they are a coin no different then the change in your pocket! The silver bar is not a coin it is just bullion. Lets see what happens when the U.S. dollar crashes after all that's going on catches up with it!.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a buyer of bullion myself ,buy it put it away an forget about till a rainy day hits or the price sky rockets buy low sell high :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread