l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if there is some sucker that would pay anything near that for a fantasy coin?

B

BIG61AL

I don't claim to be coin expert but i never heard of this coin....I know california minted a bunch of gold coins of various minting quanties but never seen a silver coin. This must be a very rare coin indeed.

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT
Did you catch the bottom of the page? "Loss/Damage protection included up to $100"

How many of our coins have had "United States of America" on the front and back of the coin???

OH, look what I found... http://a_grin.tripod.com/Dollars/SilverDollars.htm

Also check this out...http://cgi.ebay.com/1851-SILVER-DOLLAR-INDIAN-HEAD-UNITED-STATES-OF-AMERICA_W0QQitemZ160335763948QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCoins_US_Individual?hash=item2554c199ec&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmmm.......Very interesting.

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My suspicion is that the one ebay posting is designed to elicit a higher price for the other one. The guy's "neighbor" has a few of these coins (fake or not) and wants to get as much as possible for them. So he puts out a posting for $25,800 in order to set a price point that implies that the coin is ultra-valuable. Then he puts the other coins out one at a time hoping that people look them up and bid high thinking that they are getting a good deal.

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT
Found this as well, not exact but more reason to believe it is a fake.

Indian Head Cent

Commemorative Copy

Proof One Ounce Round

Attachments

• proofindiancent.jpg
    proofindiancent.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 5,917

slykatt13

May 16, 2009
ny
Detector(s) used
minelab xterra 50/minelab safari
i'll trade my zincoln collection for that coin...i've got a bucket full. i know there zincolns but i dig em anyway

B

BIG61AL

Hmmm knowingly offering a counterfeit US coinage for sale is still a felony, perhap i should copy the URL and send it the US Secret service and let them decide if it's a fake or not.

should I or should I just leave it alone?

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BIG61AL said:
Hmmm knowingly offering a counterfeit US coinage for sale is still a felony, perhap i should copy the URL and send it the US Secret service and let them decide if it's a fake or not.

should I or should I just leave it alone?
It is not really a counterfeit. A counterfeit is a copy of a real coin, this is a fantasy piece.

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
curbdiggercarl57 said:
Will they accept post WW2 Philippine paper currency?

ROTFLMAO......

But the guy has 2 positive, 100% positive replys...you have to believe it's on the up and up...right?

Al

PS: Glad my laptop was out of coffee spitting range....thanks for the great laugh.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread