what to do with them pennies

scrubber

Apr 1, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
slykatt13 said:
stefen said:
Rebury them in an active hunting spot...say a local playground where you see other MD'ers ...so some other person can find them... and so goes the problem in a circle... ;D
your soooooooo cold hearted!!!! lol !!!! thats funny. good idea ive got hundreds....

No it's not a good idea! Please don't take that suggestion seriously. :nono:

scrubber

ldablo

Apr 21, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
Master Hunter CX Plus
Thanks to this wonderful thread I'm working on a new song.

"Mutilated Penny" :thumbsup:

LD

scrubber

Apr 1, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ant said:
The California Law falls under the Lost Property Law. Lost property is just that, Lost Property. If you find it, it belongs to whoever lost it, even if it’s on Private Property. Just like a pet or farm animal, as a matter of fact, pets and inert property fall under the same Law.

The State Law says that anything that’s valued at $100.00 or more will be turned into the local Police, or whatever authority has jurisdiction. If you find something under $100.00 you are supposed to call and report it to the Authorities. Some jurisdictions will give it back to the finder after set requirements are met to find the owner, like putting an add in the paper. And if the looser doesn’t claim the property in 90 days the item is returned to the finder.

But more and more the Authorities or Municipalities will keep the item and auctioning it off, and then keep the proceeds. The city of Emeryville in the Bay Area dose if like that.

I got on the Authorities and Law Enforcements last nerve, that’s because I kept calling them about the clad I had found .

Aha!! Now (from my Park Cop Encounter thread) here's a suggestion I find tempting. In the last line of the quote, substitute "zinc" for "clad" :evil6:

scrubber

MilitariaCollector

Dec 17, 2008
Bury them in the ancient Indian burial grounds from the movie "Pet Sematary" so that they can be reincarnated into evil blood thirsty pennies.

UncleVinnys

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2007
Hancock Street, Folsom, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
vibes said:
I've tried every method known to wo-man kind and nothin' worth while, or the effort...UNTIL...I thought of picking up cheap Goodwill tin boxes...fill 'em with the nasty pennies....bury it with a funky handwritten message, like, "Pennies are my way out" I dunno, but sumpin' like that.

save them for a childrens group hunt, charity event...whatever...or for your own mischievous :wink: fun

I like that idea.
I've always wanted to find a "cache" and that would make a really fun one
for somebody to find.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put them in an old Gatorade bottle. I poke a hole in the cap. I then get 4 ft of paracord and feed it through the cap leaving enough to tie a knot or two. Then I take a 14 inch long wooden dowel and drill a hole in the middle. Take the remaining end of the paracord and slip it through the dowel again leaving enough for a knot.

How I use this: Standing up with my arms straight out in front of me with dowel in hand. I begin winding up the bottle of pennies. When all the way to the top, just let the bottle down one hand at a time. I repeat this a few times. It's helped with my grip while detecting (my forearm used to hurt after a hunt, not anymore). It also has helped with shooting handguns. I've got a steadier grip which has helped my accuracy.

Here's a pic of what I'm talking about.

Attachments

• pennybottle.jpg
    pennybottle.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 139

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thrillathahunt said:
I wonder what the teller would do if you tried to deposit them at your bank?

They will not accept them. I tried.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions