im officially in the game

kcoates

May 13, 2009
i'm officially in the game

been lurking this site for the past few weeks and i have to admit, i really peaked my interest in metal detecting. peaked it so much i actually bit the bullet and ordered myself a garrett 250. so i figured what the point in posting if i'm not even legit, but guess what...now i am! :)

so thats that! i'm in the game!

detected a little around my house and hit a beach (only for about a half and hour) found trash, nothing worth keeping, but i covered all my holes and brought it back to dispose of properly. didn't get discouraged though, i didnt put too much time into it today but plan on putting loads of time in it soon! I have to admit, so far i'm extremely happy with it, and kellyco makes it hard to refuse with all the little nick nacks they throw in not to mention the pin pointer for a measly 20 bucks.

you guys have really gave me a jump start on the basics and ethics of metal detecting for that i thank you all.

HH

ldablo

Apr 21, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
Master Hunter CX Plus
Re: i'm officially in the game

That's really cool.

Yeah this is a great site--I'm enjoying the heck out of it.

Things are gonna start getting really busy for me but I'll hang here as much as I can--glad you decided to get on board.

Welcome!

LD

GMJG

Feb 11, 2009
Dayton Nv
Detector(s) used
Ace 400

Welcome!! I am new by a couple of months. The people on the site are the best. They will help with any questions and give advice if you ask. Happy Hunting. It's a fun activity. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ldablo

Apr 21, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
Master Hunter CX Plus

I tried that fishing stuff once...all I caught were goldfish. :icon_profileleft:

Better them than silverfish. :icon_profileright:

Nice prayer. :)

LD

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Don't worry about the new competition. :wink:

For every new person with a metal detector, there is another one that quits, dies, or gives it up for medical reasons. It's like a revolving door.

But I hear you on the idea that the amount of silver available is dwindling. I haven't found any yet myself so you don't have anything to worry about from me!

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow..Tough crowd :wink: 8) Good Luck and welcome. Give it some good effort and you'll be hooked, probably for life.

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Welcome to the sport :thumbsup:

wolcottdigger

Oct 30, 2008
Wolcott, CT
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett Pro-Pointer

I'm new two, almost a year for me. I have the ace 250 also and I can highly recommend the Garrett Pro-Pointer it makes all the difference to have a good pinpointer.
When you have a chance go on You Tube and look up "detuning the ace 250" its s technique that makes your detector less sensitive in pinpointing mode and helps zero in on your target better. The Garrett Pro-Pointer is a great pinpointer and is built like a tank, I watched a few videos that say its not as good as other pinpointers but it sure works great for me. I can also recommend the Lesche digging tool and the Rattler headphones they have only one ear cup so you can here other stuff with your free ear and they have a volume control.
good luck and have fun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread