while waiting

SCARYGHOST

May 17, 2009
I ( err 'we') am/are so new I havent even started yet, and am sifting thru dozens of sale offers and still unfortunatly considering which detector(s) to get. I/we have imagined great stuff being risen from the dirt. I want to begin now. But I will wait and set up a few potential sites and do more research. So anyway I read where some of you guys (and girls too wow) search bank rolls for silver and such. Wow why not it cant be that hard I can even do it while in the bathroom. So now I'm ready to begin another obsession and realize I know nothing about silver or coins...I just want to buy a few rolls a week, open and quickly spot the good ones.,But how? , without taping it to the monitor and asking one of you guys to tell me if its a keeper or not. Can anyone give me a crash course on spotting keepers? I know I havent paid my dues yet (so to speek not talking about 20premium member package) , so advice may be hard to inspire, but it may help to know that I most likely will end up purchasing and older verry heavy detcor and will suffer much pain quickly while learing the ropes. And who knows what I will do with the unsilver coins (Ok i think the terms is 'regular coins)....recap -->crash course on spotting silver, or more then face value coins from bank please

thanks for your consideration in helping out a neewwwwbie
ps i already know the library is full of coin info books ;)
pss love this site

respectfully, SCARYGHOST (and scaryghost jr and littlescaryghost)

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
read the posts in coin roll hunting. read or a buy a used copy of the red book. siegfried schlagrule

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread