!!!! Please Help Need Opinion on Whites Detectors = Poll !!!

best choice for the money

• 5900 DI Pro LS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6000 DI Pro

• Eagle II 90

• PRIZM V =just added 5-31-09

• Total voters

SButter

Tenderfoot
May 29, 2009
Morgantown WV
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 5
!!!! Please Help Need Opinion on Whites Detector's = Poll !!!

I have an old 6000 D series 2 after more than twenty of years of service and hundreds of coins its finally giving me problems and its time for a newer one. I am trying to makeup my mind up on a few of Whites finest I live in PA and will be using it for coins, relics and meteorite hunting. I don’t know the best choice for the money the choices are the 5900 pro lx, eagle II 90, 6000DI pro I am looking to spend around $300 hundred or someone has any suggestions I will add it to the poll.

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: !!!! Please Help Need Opinion on Whites Detector's = Poll !!!

I'd be biased since I own a 6000Di Pro and also the 6000 series 2. I like the 6000 pro more, maybe because of the better meter ID.

Can't say anything of the Eagle, never owned one and really haven't seen much of anyone saying anything on the forums except the rare couple.
I don't think there's a big difference between the 5000 and 6000 pro series.

Check the detector reviews by owners forum....you might get a better idea there.

Al

OP
OP
SButter

SButter

Tenderfoot
May 29, 2009
Morgantown WV
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 5

Hey thanks for the reply and I have read many reviews that said they all are fine machines even though no one said one was a better machine than the other. All detectors had their strong points I was guessing the Eagle was my best choice because its newer and more advanced but from my experience newer is not always better.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat

I don't live far from the factory here in Oregon. And after close to 20 years its very rare to hear a bad word about White's at all.

I would say that the best thing for you to do is figure out exactly what type of hunting you will be doing mostly, and in what type of soil, and then choose the detector that best fits. Talk to any rep at Whites, they are very helpful and straightforward in helping you make a choice.

silvereagle78

Mar 14, 2009
The Burgh PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Whites SilverEagle

The 6000 was my first whites and it was great, go with the best value, you have obviously narrowed down to a Whites which is the best option check out the test forum on this site you find what you want.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions