Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd rather put a metal detector head on a weedeater. :laughing7:

scrubber

scrubber

Apr 1, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that I think about it, how about both? An MD with an outer rotating ring on the coil. Then you could trim the ground growth while detecting. It might be a bit of a challenge to make the assembly non-metallic. :icon_scratch:

scrubber

GaBnn3

Dec 10, 2004
While hunting for the Schultz cache in N.Y., I ended up on DEP property. They prohibit enty unless you both, have a permit and are there for fishing. So, how about a hook and line on your MD. LOL Yes, I had the permit too.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its been a few years now but I used to work in a rental yard an we sold plastic blades for weed eaters , theres your non metal blade idea :icon_thumright:

K

Kentucky Kache

You guys let me know when you have these machines on the market.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The way some newbies swing the detector you would think they were swinging a grass whip.

Texas Gld

May 31, 2007
Powers,Oregon
I actually had an elderly Lady in Texas passing by ask!
Young-man, what kind of "Weed-eater are you useing, it looks so nice and so quite. It was the young-man part that made me smile, 60+ @
the time. See! MDing is good for your health. (Bargining-chip next time you say" Dear "May I" have another one. :laughing9:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
artzstuff1 said:
How about a weed detector on a metalhead eater,,,,er,,,what??????? :tongue3:
:thumbsup:

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
scrubber said:
Now that I think about it, how about both? An MD with an outer rotating ring on the coil. Then you could trim the ground growth while detecting. It might be a bit of a challenge to make the assembly non-metallic. :icon_scratch:

scrubber

Holy crap that might be the most amazing idea ever!
*Starts working on a design*

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
One day at work a few years ago, me and another guy were trying to figure out how we could safely hunt inner city parks. We mocked up a detector that used the spider coil for reticles as in a scope, The shaft was the barrel of a shotgun, we put an arm cup on top of the butt. And mounted the control box under the cheekpiece. We called it " The Ghetto Blaster " We had it all mocked up in wood, using old detector parts. What a surprise when someone would sneak up behind ya, and you swung around to face them.........YIKES! I think they would get the message.........NGE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread