Mailbox finds! Sorry, long story, story teller at heart here

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & Quick Draw II
As I'm sure most are painfully aware, yesterday was Monday, and for me, it was a typical Monday. Nothing went right, the alarm system at work freaked out and evacuated the manufacturing plant twice, and to top it off we were told that our new BIG BOSS from Sweden would be arriving this morning (Tuesday). I was PRAYING we had the alarm system fixed and it wouldn't evac the joint while he was in town!!! :dontknow:

So, suffice it to say, my Monday sucked. All I could think about was getting home, kissing the wife, having dinner, and then going out to swing the MD for a while to unwind. As I drove the 42 miles home from work I contemplated the day and the more I thought about it the more I figured I'd just eat dinner and chill in the recliner. With the day I had there was no way the MD Spirits were going to shine on me... :'(

As I turned into the driveway I noticed a package sticking out of my mailbox. I began cussing the mailman for once again being too lazy to get out of the truck and place a package on the front step as he is supposed to do. I walked over to the mailbox and pulled out a VERY mistreated package and noticed that the return address label was from the Shark Pit! My day started getting a bit better; the fossil kit I had ordered came in! :thumbsup:

As I reached into the mailbox to get the rest of the mail I figured "here come the bills"... Well, one of the "bills" was quite heavy and was addressed to "DrGrip"! WOOHOO, I got something from DP Bob for participating in some fun on TNet!

My slow and dejected walk from earlier was replaced with a bit faster pace as I headed into the house to open my goodies from the mailbox. Nothing like getting treasure without having to swing, kneel, bend, dig, scoop, and pinpoint!

The first bit of mail I opened was the letter from DP Bob; Once opened I found a nice note from him and then a small square thing a bit smaller than a penny fell out onto the counter top! I looked the thingy over and realized I had my first token for my "Neat Stuff" collection. :icon_thumright:

I have never dug nor purchased a token before. After getting over my giddiness of the token I realized that there was more in the envelope and dug in further; I realized shortly after "digging" in that I was the proud new owner of a 1962 1/2 dollar as well! I didn't have one of those either!

My day was definitely getting better! Nothing like opening the mail and getting things you can add to your collection! It was now time to open the package from the Shark Pit! It looked terrible, I think the guys at the post office used it for a soccer ball! I cut the tape at the seams and prepared myself for bad news, I just knew that whatever was in the box was going to be destroyed.

No bad news coming from this package at all, Rob made certain that the "mail gorillas" at the USPS wouldn't hurt his product! After tearing through the HEAVY bubble wrap, I found my own personal set of shark's teeth, a stingray tooth, and a piece of bone!

About the time I finished ogling over the fossils my wife came in and promptly took them from me and started adding them to my "Ocean life wall" in the game room. Sorry Rob, she took them from me before I could get a pic. But, they now are prominently displayed within the collection of other sea life I have in there. Trust me, they will get some attention and I have already sent someone your direction after she asked about the teeth tonight.

Here are the pics of the Franklin 1/2 dollar

ben_001.jpg

ben_002.jpg

This is the token (ain't it cool?)

token_001.jpg

token_002.jpg

Oh, and for what it's worth, I did go out last night to a new area for some MDing... The MD Spirits were NOT my friends! :D

Thanks Bob and Rob, you 2 MADE MY DAY!!! :notworthy:

Grip

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Nice story and equally nice score from "The Box!" :thumbsup: jgas

OP
OP
DrGrip

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & Quick Draw II
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Grip ...

That Rocks ... :headbang:

Bob is near way cool ... :wink:

However the only thing that holds his halo up ... :angel12: are the 2 horns on the top of his head ... ;D

~ Nick ~

Seeing as how he is a bit of an instigator I have to agree with you!

Of course my wife says the same thing about me... :tongue3:

Grip

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dr Grip ( I just saw this post today )

I'm glad that I cheered up your rough day a little.. and your welcome...

When I was little I had the horns but I'm shedding them a little now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread