Detecting in Ireland, Dublin

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
I have found one pound coins on the sidewalk while I was walking in Dublin one day. But I don't know anything about detecting there.

Good luck if you find out anything.

I was there in October1995. Great city. Driving their roundabouts during rush hour traffic was an experience of a life time. Drove around the island.

I'm off the subject of detecting. Have fun and report what you find if you do detect. I'm interested.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I have never been to Ireland, but I will be visiting in Sept 2011 to Dundalk, where my grandfather was born. I'm taking my kids and we are going to travel all over Ireland, to see our ancestral homeland. I was thinking of taking my detector with me, I wonder if it would be a good idea?

I wish I could answer your question and I'm sorry I am not able too....but maybe, just maybe, when we get there, you and I and maybe some others in the locale could get together to detect a beach or something!

I hope you find lots of wonderful artifacts!
Annmarie

Likely Guy

Ron and Ann said:
but maybe, just maybe, when we get there, you and I and maybe some others in the locale could get together to detect a beach or something!

Annmarie

Been there, but never did it Ann Marie. Bring your repelling gear.

Attachments

• cliffs-of-moher.jpg
    cliffs-of-moher.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 207

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
WOW! What a beautiful view! We want to go to the cliffs, but not repelling LOL.... Thanks LikelyGuy for posting. Did you take this photo?

and Pubs do me no good....I do not partake alcoholic beverages! ;) .... but there is a famous pub in Dublin I want to get a pic of with my family name... ;D

Maybe I will find my Leprechan Cache! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Cliffs of Moher? WOW....that looks better than what I have found on the net....that is one place we are going to visit!!! YEAH!!!

Likely Guy

Ron and Ann said:
WOW! What a beautiful view! We want to go to the cliffs, but not repelling LOL.... Thanks LikelyGuy for posting. Did you take this photo?

and Pubs do me no good....I do not partake alcoholic beverages! ;) .... but there is a famous pub in Dublin I want to get a pic of with my family name... ;D

Cliffs of Moher? WOW....that looks better than what I have found on the net....that is one place we are going to visit!!! YEAH!!!

No Ann, didn't take that photo but just north of that view is another. You can almost see your house from there! And Guinness is not an alcoholic beverage so you need not worry!

My advice, spend a day or so in Dublin and then go west.

Attachments

• 1361432306_85023d8db6.jpg
    1361432306_85023d8db6.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 207

Likely Guy

plehbah said:
Likely Guy said:
Ron and Ann said:
but maybe, just maybe, when we get there, you and I and maybe some others in the locale could get together to detect a beach or something!

Annmarie

Been there, but never did it Ann Marie. Bring your repelling gear.

Ah, the Cliffs of Moher. I had a drunken row in the pissing rain with a psychotic ex-girlfriend there once.

They are quite majestic!

Woops! Aaaaaaaaaaah...
Smackedy smackedy, OOF! Aaaaaaaaah...
Boof! Whackedy, SMACK!
Aaaaaaaaaah...

etc, etc.

SPLASH! *sound of the waves and seagulls*

Plehbah, it sounds like you had more fun there than I had!

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Wow...well, whether you took them or not...those are some beautiful shots! Thanks for sharing! Thanks on the Guiness tip :wink:

Well, we will fly into Dublin, get our rental car (was told to make reservation here for it, it was cheaper!) and then we will drive up to Dundalk. I'm so looking forward to seeing where my grandfather was born and raised. Then head to Ardee where my great grandparents were married...the church is still standing....then we will head West. I did not realize how small Ireland really was until I started computing driving times from coast to coast....WOW! Just hope I can find some cousins still there before I go...found 2 in England that I will be visiting then too..from my English roots!

Found some lighthouse B&B's and working farm B&B's. We plan to stay at those. Gotta' mingle with the "kinfolk", to really get to know the family! :wink: ... my boys will love the farm B&B's and hubby and I so love lighthouses!

Gonna' hit some castles too. I understand though, many you can't go in :(, just look around the grounds...that's a drag!

But I'm gonna' bring the detector, I know there are some beaches around there I can hit! :)

Thanks again :hello: for sharing the photos...makes me want to pick up and go now!!! :laughing7:

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ron and Ann said:

If you go there and not drink, that's one thing. If you go to a pub with your family name on it and not drink...that could get ugly. Tell you what, take me, and I'll start a drunken argument, and then you can take a photo. I won't mind.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread