Bought Coinmaster 6000Di from Ebay/ toggle switch broken..be fixed ?

Jaw Jah Danny

May 2, 2009
Thomasville, GA
Detector(s) used
MXT ,Tesoro Compadre ,Tesoro Tiger Shark, DFX
coinmaster6000Di.jpg

Guess I'd better send to White's to fix it, me being a newbie. Put battery pack in and it's buzzing. Can't check it out till toggle switch fixed. Guess the toggle is for air/ground balance. Will have to down load instructions later. Paid 150 bucks for it. Has 2 coils. I like the older MD'er. Guess cause I'm old :laughing7:

Please give me feedback. If you do not want to embaress me, send PM. If you don't care if you embaress me in public..go ahead ;D. Hell..I'm not thin skinned ;D

thanks forum ladies and gents............

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
A Miniature toggle switch of some kind.
You would have to do a little disassembly to determine if it's single pole/single throw(SPST), double pole/double throw(DPDT), etc. Basically this means the number of tabs on the bottom.
Or does it have a center position, also? There are many variations.

There may be a number on the side of the switch. Is it soldered into the circuit board?
White's may have replacements, but I suspect it will a standard item, not a White's specific part.

A105SYZQ.jpg

Example website...

http://www.electronicplus.com/content/ProductPage.asp?maincat=SW&subcat=SMI

Jay

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JJD, if you can solder, you can make the repair yourself. Open the control box enough to get access to the toggle switch so you can see how many contacts it has. I would guess it has 3; one input (center contact) and 2 outputs. There should be enough slack in the wires to allow you to snip the wires from the switch leaving just enough insulation on the switch to be able to match the wires back to the correct post. You should be able to match the switch at any Radio Shack. That mini toggle with the correct number of posts is fairly common. From the look of the printing on the box, it appears to be a double-pole / double throw switch. If it is soldered directly on the circuit board, don't try to replace it yourself if you don't know what you're doing. The heat can fry a nearby component on the board.

If you can't do this yourself, ask around and find a Ham Radio person. He or she could handle the replacement with no problems. If you send the detector back to Whites, they'll charge you for the work and parts. Call them and ask what their total charges would be so that you can make a good decision. Tesoro is the only manufacturer with life time warranties. Good luck.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope they told you on ebay that it was broken. Hope you can fix it yourself so it don't cost you to much....Matt

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd send it to Whites, just to make sure. Never had a problem with them, great people. Might want to call them first, let them know what's up.
Carl

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oor the'll fix eny thing but a broken hart! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions