*UPDATE*treasure hunter xj9-3050 todays finds

hissinroaches

May 25, 2009
northern michigan,USA
Detector(s) used
treasure hunterxj9-3050
i bought a xj9 not knowing much about its performance except what the sales pitch was for it.as i was waiting for it to show up in the mail,i asked questions about it on here and tried to look for any feedback about it. i heard more bad about it than i did good things.but all the bad stuff was from people who never tried one.i found two posts from people who has tried them,and they were really impressed with the MD for its price range.well i havnt touched a MD for 20 years and the one i had was a $40 cheap radio shack when i was a a kid.but today my treasure hunter jx9-3050 was delivered and i took my kids to the park and tinkered around with it for about 3 hours and these are my finds today while i was helping my kids fish,baiting their hooks,untangling their lines and all the other fine things in life that involve raising a 8yr old daughter and a 6 yr.old son. LOL the MD seems to be pretty easy to figure out for a newbee.it has some pretty good depth penetration.the clad quarter i found was about 8 inches and it gave off a solid strong tone.it was near the parking lot,so i think the snow plows probaly burried it last winter.i only found 1quarter,3 dimes,and a bunch of pennies,and some modern junk.but it was all a first time for me.im going to see a few of my friends that have old farmhouses 100yrs+ old.buy them a few beers and see what i can pull out of the ground.ill update my finds in the near future.my kids and i saw a bald eagle fly about 20feet above us today.it was awsome!

Attachments

• DSC01241.JPG
    DSC01241.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 2,406
  • DSC01242.JPG
    DSC01242.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 2,285

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
i havent heard much good on the first xj9 and i had almost bought one about 6 yrs ago, so i didnt pipe in on your other post. cannot knock it if i hadnt tryed it. i think the bigger worry would be durability and service. 8" on a Q is pretty good. glad it working good for you , thompy

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Looks like you're about $900 closer to getting your money back
than the cadillac prima-donnas. Wonder if those folks who start with a
$1000 machine realize that they'll have to dig 100,000 pennies to pay
for it? By the time they do that there will be several other cadillacs
released. One good coin and your detector is paid for and passes down
to your kids. One good coin for them leaves them still $800 or more in
the hole. siegfried schlagrule

OP
OP
hissinroaches

hissinroaches

May 25, 2009
northern michigan,USA
Detector(s) used
treasure hunterxj9-3050
went out yesterday and found about 15 memorial pennies and a few rosevelt dimes at a road side picknic area with a small stream running throught it.that stream is loaded.everytime i set my MD down on the edge of the bank to dig,it goes off again. lol gunna go back and keep looking for da silver!

Trashymetal

Apr 3, 2010
cambridgeshire
I agree with you that alot are biased and will say they are rubbish and never even tried them, I bought one and they have great depth (gold ring @ 8 inches) brill notch & auto notch, set mine just to pure 22+gold and all quiet for days then paid off with a half soverign! it also has great surface elimination to get rid of top trash. good quality too. good hunting, u cant see the wood if there isnt any trees

UDIG?

Sep 19, 2010
I have to agree here. Most of the negativity about these machines comes from people that never used them and would never dare use them because it doesn't have a name brand stamped on the side of it. I have an XJ-3050 and absolutely love it. I had so many people trying to cram an ACE 250 down my throat or a used Whites as a beginner that I decided I would do the opposite and purchase the so called "Chinese junk" just to see if there was any truth to the slander against "imports". There isn't. I don't expect it to last 15 to 20 years like the big name machines with more of a plastic build but it was so cheap I'll just buy another one. Bottom line is I payed a mere $169 for this detector that can offer me features only found in machines that are hundreds more. A worthwhile "gamble" indeed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread