Couldnt go hunting because of the rain :(

lakillian

Dec 29, 2006
Winfield, WV
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Prism V, Ace 250
Couldn't go hunting because of the rain :(

But I took a drive to try and find two places I was told about by an old timer. One was an old high school that was torn down about 5 years ago and the other was an old baseball field.

I found them. The place where the old high school stood is now becoming a Dollar General and the old baseball field is a horse pasture now. Don't I have some of the best luck? >:(

I was so excited to have some where OLD to finally detect and they are both not doable. So what do I do? I go and detect in my yard again and what do I find? Nothing but JUNK. Old nails etc. I used the F75 and the Minelab Exp 2. I got a lot of 60-92 hits but never a solid signal, on the F75. And I got one 00 23 signal on the Exp2 and when I dug I pulled out 3 rusty nails and the signal was gone. I even wore headphones and that didn't help.

I got depressed and cried. Honest to goodness. I made my hubby carry the detector for fear of throwing it. That was today.

I am in a play production of Hansel and Gretel and that was tonight and is tomorrow night and Sunday afternoon. Last night I did some research about old churches in our area, and I found one that I am really interested in hunting. The director of my play is a Pastor. And guess what, she is the pastor to the church I want to detect. So I asked her tonight and guess what she said???? Um, well yes I know what metal detecting is," me - "Yes I dig a hole about this big and" then she said "shhhh, the play." So that is a big NO too. I just don't have any luck. I think I am going to put my detectors away for a while and find another hobby. I don't think I am cut out for this one LOL.

Happy Hunting!

Lori

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Couldn't go hunting because of the rain :(

as a newbie I feel your frustration ,everyone on here is pullin gold ,silver an CW relics an I'm happy when I just get clad instead of beer bottle tops an pull tabs,dont give up there is always tomarrow an just think when we get done pullin all this junk we will be pros at findin an the good stuff will be a breeze for us to find ;D.

Keep your chin up :thumbsup:

Tank

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Why don't you et permission to hunt the horse pasture......Matt

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6

Think outside the box. Tons of places to hunt.... Old private properties is only one of them. Churches, tot lots, picnic grounds, camp grounds, city parks, county parks, fair grounds, schools, family yards, neighbor yards, anywhere lots of people gather. Outdoor revival meeting places, beaches at lakes, picnic areas at same or any grassy parking ares at all the above.

We all have these down moments. Mine is because I can not get out to hunt due to work, rain or high heat, this time of the year, but there is always tomorrow.

Hang in there.

Ray S

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread