Headphones

leatherneck

Apr 20, 2009
St. Petersburg, Fl.
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug DP
If you don't have a volume control on your detector you need a set that has volume controls on each ear. A good quality set that are made for metal detector use are better for hearing your detectors response than a set from your stereo. Whatever brand of detector you have, the manufacturer has a set for it or will give you there recommendation for specific performance requirements.

Chaparral

Oct 5, 2008
Niceville, Florida
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500, Infinium LS, Tiger Shark. TDI, E-Trac/SR X-1, Vision/SR DX-1, Excalibur II
Hi, Headphones are, IMO, an important piece of equipment for MDing. I have several sets that I use. I've tested different brands (R.A.T., Black Widow, Kross, Sun Ray Pro ....) of headphones on my detectors and found that the audio quality between the headphones on the same detector will vary based on impedance and circuitry. As a result, I matched a headphone to each detector in order to give me the quality of sound that I prefer. This is just personal preference. Most high impedance headphones work fine.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you look for a set of headphones make sure there is a volume control on them. this way you can adjust the sound for each side. They do make a different. Good luck.....Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread