got a metal detecting job.

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
whites classic 5 id, and bounty hunter.
I was riding my bike with the nobhor hood six year old " Shawn". :headbang:

When the nodhor hood snobs came by " Scotties family".
They passed and i told Shawn that its Scott and his wife. The car stopped i saw the white lights come on and they back up to us. I thought ow crap hes is going to yell at me about the mud bogging. :laughing9:
He backed up and said " Do you still have that metal detector?' I said " yes" he said ill give you five dollars if you can fine my suptic system cap in my yard" I said " when can i come over?" he said " any time your ready' I said " ill come over when your home some time"

The resone why i don't like the "Scottie family" is that they LOVE! there yard. I saw Scott out there humping it one day, lolz!

Anyhow they burn coal in the winter for there house heating, you think for rich people they would be burning money instead of coal. I went over to ask about the history of the coal mineds here. I walked over to his house to see no cars. I decided to go into the woods, towards the side of the porch i hear a " hey what are you doing!" i said 'looking for coal" then he said " i don't know anyone named Mcshell" I said " no, coal'
He said " boy your stealing coal you got anther thing coming!" Get off my property" I was going to say something but he cut me off. GO! he said with his face redder than a apple. :'(

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I'm sorry, I don't live in coal country. Are you saying that your neighbor has a private stash of coal for heating? Sorry for my ignorance. -Noodle

OP
OP
civil war hunter

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
Yeah i guess he has it buy the shed more in likely.

Noodle said:
I'm sorry, I don't live in coal country. Are you saying that your neighbor has a private stash of coal for heating? Sorry for my ignorance. -Noodle

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nodhor hood. Man, that took me a while to sort out. Good luck next time.

Captain Loosechange

Nov 24, 2007
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett SeaHunter Mark II, Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
??? ??? ??? Sorry, I lost my Redneck to English translation book. Take your 5 bucks and pay someone 3 bucks to post something that makes sense. :tongue3: :tongue3: :-\

dirtsearcher

Nov 18, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign,Ace 250,White's DFX, custom made waterproof detector
Captain Loosechange said:
??? ??? ??? Sorry, I lost my Redneck to English translation book. Take your 5 bucks and pay someone 3 bucks to post something that makes sense. :tongue3: :tongue3: :-\
lol

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
neighborhood snobs -- wassa matta you ? --- ya'll don't speek west by god virginny hillbilly red neecknese --- brin me summa dem dar taters ova har rite na ya her. :wink: I can translate it for ya -- cuz I got kinfolk up that way. ;D Ivan

find the cap and get the $5 --- oh by the way and tell him anything else I find while looking for the cap I get to keep for my efforts --PS don't "find" it for awhile so that way you get to hunt the yard or at least a good bit of it :wink:--even if you do find it fairly quick -- keep hunting for awhile before doubling back and "finding" it later ;D -- when dealing with rich jerlks -- theres more than one way to skin a cat :wink: :icon_thumright:

UTcoinshootR

Mar 5, 2008
UT!
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, DFX300

Harsh. Your 5 bucks to 3 bucks comment didn't make much sense either. Its just a kid dude.

OP
OP
civil war hunter

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
Ahh the do this to me all the time, there kind of bending the rules about this site being family friendly.

UTcoinshootR said:

Harsh. Your 5 bucks to 3 bucks comment didn't make much sense either. Its just a kid dude.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hunter, you crack me up! Don't ever change boy. Your pure innocence shines through like a lighthouse and I find it very refreshing. Did you find his cap or did he just give you the five bucks for your efforts?

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
And I thought ebonics was tough...

I think you got paid to find someones septic tank. Great!
Didn't understand something about coal.

I tried finding one last year. No joy.
No metal cap to it. Did find the general area with witching sticks tho so got it dug and pumped.

Grey

UTcoinshootR

Mar 5, 2008
UT!
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, DFX300
civil war hunter said:
Ahh the do this to me all the time, there kind of bending the rules about this site being family friendly.

UTcoinshootR said:

Don't sweat it bro. Courtesy is a sign of intelligence and vice versa. Good luck out there!

OP
OP
civil war hunter

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
I didn't, the boy didn't want me to dig. The resone i call him boy is because he is shorter than me. I'm 5 foot 1. He's I'm guessing 4" 6' he's in his 40s 50s range too. ;D

packerbacker said:
hunter, you crack me up! Don't ever change boy. Your pure innocence shines through like a lighthouse and I find it very refreshing. Did you find his cap or did he just give you the five bucks for your efforts?

jlb783

Dec 1, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Outback
civil war hunter said:
Lol, thats funny sorry. :D I bet that hurt like " crap". :laughing9:

jlb783 said:
My aunt fell into a septic tank and broke her foot.

She said it did and she has a very high pain tolerance
She didn't actually fall in, she was standing on the concrete top and it caved in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread