Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Pathological addiction and relic hunting

Yes to all. Your point? :D

And 14. Have you tormented coworkers about detecting to the point that they want to strangle you?

OP
OP
L

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008

CurbdiggerCarl57 said:
Yes to all. Your point? :D

And 14. Have you tormented coworkers about detecting to the point that they want to strangle you?
Comes under the The individual is preoccupied with relic hunting.
Did I miss any other ones??

3RINGER

Feb 1, 2009
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
GPX 4800, Blisstool V6, AT Pro, Makro Racer, CZ3D, XL PRO, Nokta Relic, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

:notworthy:

that was great..had to print that off for some friends and the wife ;D

Now, if a Doctor would sign off on it we would be set :thumbsup:

OP
OP
L

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008

3RINGER said:
:notworthy:

that was great..had to print that off for some friends and the wife ;D

Now, if a Doctor would sign off on it we would be set :thumbsup:

I am working on it, LOL
And do not discount a doctor, and or a physiologist reading such with a lot of such questions and criteria fitting a person, they most likely will sign such.

scrubber

Apr 1, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Any pastime or hobby has the potential for obsession, due to the convenient escape opportunities from the unpleasant demands daily life can impose. Not just the hunt itself can be addictive, but internet forum participation can contain the same dangers. Isn't it strange that we can't seem to muster the energy to mow the lawn or change the oil in the car, but it's no problem finding it to spend 6 hours digging up pull-tabs, a few clad coins and just maybe a piece of jewelry. Try explaining that to a wife or girlfriend.

One answer I have found for temptation to obsess is to take periodic breaks from the activity. It applies to alcohol, gambling, video games, television.....you name it. When I want to escape reality, almost anything I choose will suffice. I know people who have learned to treat daily problem-solving tasks as satisfying short-term projects to be welcomed instead of resenting them for interfering with enjoyment of life. I've wished I could look at it that way, but it's been difficult. I still fall victim to procrastination.

In short, I've found that I must do everything in moderation and maintain a variety of interests to avoid escape obsessions.

scrubber

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread