Sluicebox Rubber Adhesive?

SpiderCoil

Jun 9, 2009
So. Cal.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QuickDraw II & someday an MXT300.
:hello2: you beat us to it - I see you posted this in Sluicing For Gold forum. it's probly tour best bet.

Wish you luck.

airborne1092

Sep 7, 2008
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never done it so take it with the grain of salt -

Try Shoe Goo. I guess if you can stomp around in mud and water with your feet, it should be good for a sluicebox.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't glue it down. That way you can roll it up put it in a bucket and wash the gold out. Clean up is much easier that way.

GG~

OP
OP
spawn00x

spawn00x

Jan 25, 2009
El Paso Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70
There's no way it will stay down, the water will just push it away. this is a pic of it

Goodyguy said:
Don't glue it down. That way you can roll it up put it in a bucket and wash the gold out. Clean up is much easier that way.

GG~

Attachments

• IMG_5320.JPG
    IMG_5320.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_5321.JPG
    IMG_5321.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 245

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• keene.jpg
    keene.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 409

sqwaby

Apr 13, 2008
3m, 5200 or 4200 polyurethane adhesive is what I use for through hull fittings. I also use 5200 to bed down consoles to decks, it has an incredible bond when surfaces are prepped correctly. Both are totally waterproof. If you think you'll want to get the mat off at sometime use the 4200. Get the fast cure type. Contact cement is not recommended by the manufacturer for water submersion.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real de Tayopa said:
HI: May I suggest an em to Keene themselves? They have undoubtedly researched this long ago.

Don Jose de La Mancha

:hello2: :notworthy:

[email protected]

Keene Engineering
Outside of California - (800) 841-7833
Inside California - (800) 392-4653

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real de Tayopa said:
HI my new friend GoodyGuy: Where do you prospect?

Don Jose de La Mancha (Joseph Curry)

Hi Joseph,
Believe it or not, I do some prospecting in Indiana, around Brown, Marion, and Monroe counties for fine placer gold washed down from Canada by glacier. I have run across a small diamond or two as well.

Also I go to Georgia and North Carolina every chance I can. In NC. I prospect for gold and rockhound for minerals and gems like sapphire, ruby, and emerald. :thumbsup:

I am a GPAA member and have made several trips out west. Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, California, and I have a relative in Boise Idaho and have prospected there too.
I'm going to Wyoming this year or next to prospect some Kimberlite pipes for associated minerals and gems. (diamonds)

What about you?

GG~

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real de Tayopa said:
HI goodyguy: I work north western Mexico. Have several virgin placers located, from bench to river. Also look for lost Spanish / Jesuit mines.

Don Jose de La Mancha

I have 2 &1/2 more years until I get to prospect full time and I can hardly wait. ;D
Finding a lost mine with gold bars piled high (or low) is one of my dreams, Perhaps I will stumble onto one while prospecting. ::)
I've been studying the old Spanish markings just in case, I still have a lot more to learn about them though, but am enjoying the learning. It's the adventure that keeps me going.

GG~

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
Goodyguy said:
Real de Tayopa said:
HI goodyguy: I work north western Mexico. Have several virgin placers located, from bench to river. Also look for lost Spanish / Jesuit mines.

Don Jose de La Mancha

I have 2 &1/2 more years until I get to prospect full time and I can hardly wait. ;D
Finding a lost mine with gold bars piled high (or low) is one of my dreams, Perhaps I will stumble onto one while prospecting. ::) I have been studying the old Spanish markings just in case, I still have a lot more to learn about them though, but am enjoying the learning. It's the adventure that keeps me going.

GG~

Forget the adhesive for now. Look for Spanish treasure gold and nuggets.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ankh said:
Goodyguy, I had a similar keene set up (basically just older) I started out with just the sluice and kept getting pieces as I could afford them. I redid the manifolding to where i could shut off the spray bar (highbanker) and redirect the water to my nozzle (highbanker/dredge combination).I also placed a hose fitting with shut off in this too.That way i could shut of both and barely crack the hose valve and wash down my sluice. I figured a 1 inch to 1 foot drop for my sluice and attached a self stick trailer lever on the side of my sluice to set the drop with ease (side to side is easy by watching the water and make sure it equally flowed across the whole sluice). I tossed the carpet and used the rubber mat full length of the riffles with unbacked miners moss on top of that.Made collecting fine gold much easier. Too much water flow can blow fine gold off the carpet and now the fines bury themselves in the moss. The garden hose can be used for clean up,working cracks and small scale hydraulic mining ( i didn't tell you that). One of our members in the Utah Gold Prospecting Club like my set up soooo much he paid me twice my investment in it. ;D
As for contact cement it never broke free from the sluice box,But 3M adhesive ought to work better. HH

If you look at mine the green hose is a water hose with spray nozzle for clean up. I also have done modifications to the grizzly and It only takes a few minutes to convert the whole thing over to a 2 & 1/2" dredge complete with rubber mat baffle over the punch plate. I made the same modifacation as you concerning the ribbed matting and I also tossed the carpet and use nomad instead. I also up graded the expanded mesh and added the punch plate. And you are right about using the hose for flushing out gold :thumbsup:

GG~

Attachments

• high banker.jpg
    high banker.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 224
  • high banker.jpg
    high banker.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 144
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen: A thingy that I did up at the mine on the tables, was to simply float a piece of light plastic on top of the water, the full width and length of the sluice / box in this case. It forces the fines under the surface leading to very increased recovery. The origional rubber sweeper at the top does not do this efficiently. The additional fine recovery alone, paid for this part of the operation.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Attachments

• fines recovery booster.jpg
    fines recovery booster.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 265

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ankh said:
Goodyguy,Tayopa Cool idea's :thumbsup:

I'll be using it as a dredge this weekend and I will try and post a pic or two. Hope to show some color as well.

GG~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread