9 Cents = ??

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was looking at three 3 Cent pieces that I have and started to think how many different combinations of US coins can you use to make up 9 cents?? I considered a nickel and half dime as the same even though it can be argued that they are different denominations. (Yes, I think I need another hobby)

I'll give it some time for people to try to figure it out on their own then I'll post what I came up with...I hope I'm right. This rain needs to stop.

NJ

OP
OP
N.J.THer

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tom_in_CA said:
and your point is ..... ? ::)

No point just bored...I think I'm getting cabin fever with all the rain on the east coast.

By the way I forgot about the half cent so my numbers are way off.

OP
OP
N.J.THer

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Okay so I'm the only crazy one. I came up with 62 different denomination combinations of US coins to get to 9 cents. If you take out the half cent there are only 16.

NJ

OP
OP
N.J.THer

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
allen said:
the most coins you can use to make
.9 cents would be 18 half cents !

And the least would be three coins: three trimes or a nickel, trime and penny.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread