metal detectorists are a rare breed

richm

Apr 30, 2009
Madison, CT
Detector(s) used
White's mxt Pro / Sun Ray DX / Ultimate Gray Ghost's / Lesche
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was working the 1700 house today, not having much luck with my DFX when I finally got good signal. Turned out to be a 1819 L.C. (today's finds) Right at that moment a car pulled up and a guy gets out and introduces himself. John from N.Y. was down visiting his mother in law and was curious about the history of the old house. I proceeded to tell him it's history and how I came about getting permission to hunt it. I asked him if he detected and he swung his car door open and pointed to his Minelab Explorer. We exchanged stories and email addresses, He congratulated me on my find and gave me a bottle of water to wash it off, I told him how I wasn't having to much luck programing my machine and how frustrating it was since I lost my pinpointer. This gentleman who I never met before proceeds to offer to lend me his Minelab Explorer!!! I thanked him and politely declined. After he left I continued to detect for about a half hour. I had already stayed too long and was late so I was calling it quits and walking to my truck when John came running up with his pinpointer for me to use! Like the title of the post says "metal detectorists are a rare breed" All in all it was a great Fourth of July. I found an awesome L.C. an old Victorian pin and a new friend "John from N.Y." Rich.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep.

I try to do the same when I See someone Detecting.

Stop, Say Hi

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread