Need Your Ideas To Dispose Of Junk

B

Big1011Guy

Something Just Occurred to me (DUH!!!) that I need ya'lls input on. I have only been detecting since April 2009 and I have already acquired a decent amount of Iron and various other Metal Junk. I have separated all the aluminum pull tabs and pop tops and have them in a separate container so at the end of the year I can count them and see how many I have Found. (Yea I Know I'm Weird). I am wondering what are my choices of disposing of the other metal junk, I definitely don't want to throw it in the trash so it ends up in the landfill and I really don't want to add a room on to my home just for my Junk Finds. The only Recycling Place I know of is on Westpark Drive in Southwest Houston because I took some old electronics there. I don't believe they will take Iron and Misc Metal items.
Thanks In Advance For Your Suggestions, Guy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weld it into a work of art. Name it "Treasure Gone Awry" and sell it for $1000.00 :thumbsup:
If it comes out real good sell it for $10,000.00 :hello2:

GG~

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & Quick Draw II
How much scrap iron do you have? (in pounds)

If your talking excess of 100 or so pounds just put an ad on Craigslist and have someone come pick it up. LOTS of people collect scrap metal to sell.

Also, in the Houston area there are MANY scrap metal yards that will buy it from you. Now, you're only looking at pennies to a few dollars for less than a truck bed full.

Google Houston Scrap Yards and you'll find quite a few locations.

Grip

OP
OP
B

Big1011Guy

GoodyGuy said:
Weld it into a work of art. Name it "Treasure Gone Awry" and sell it for $1000.00 :thumbsup:
If it comes out real good sell it for $10,000.00 :hello2:

GG~

Great Idea, I am going to hook-up with a friend that makes all kind of Abstract Metal Artwork. He has sold his Metal Artwork all the way from City Of Houston to California. He has made good Money for his Artistic Ability. I will Collect Metal Junk till the end of 2009 and then see what he can come up with. Wouldn't be a hoot to sell the junk back to the city and have it displayed in a park.
Thanks for the Idea, Guy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread