My WORST FEAR realized. My Fisher F4 BROKE! Help!

SilverFinger

Apr 17, 2008
Woodstock, Georgia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Eagle Spectrum, Treasuremaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sigh. I've had nightmares about this and it's happened. My Fisher F4 (about 1 year old) won't power off. I know it could be worse (if it couldn't power ON) but it's a hassle if you have to walk a distance burning up batteries. I can pull the batteries out (that won't last long - something else like the hold down tangs will evetually break) to power it off but what a hassle.

It also makes me nervous about the quality of the other micro switches used for the pinpoint/discrimination buttons and how much longer THEY will last.

Can anyone help me fix it fast AND cheap? It's been a great detector, and I've had some great finds with it but I've always had it in the back of my mind that it felt flimsy compared to my normal brand preference.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It should still be under warranty, call First Texas, I understand they still have good customer support. HH and good luck, Mike

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes call First Texas about the repairs.

Good Luck,
Sandman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread