Metal Detecting Beach at Corolla NC

Captain Loosechange

Nov 24, 2007
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett SeaHunter Mark II, Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Google "Seaweed and the Soda Pop Pirates" This site has lots of info on detecting the Outer Banks. I was planning on going there last year and did some research and that website had some good stuff on it. I never did get to go laste year >:( I hope to go sometime, maybe in the winter, supposedly sand is stripped away from the beaches there in the winter months. If theres a Nor'Easter this winter I have already told my family I will be going there to look for some Old Spanish coins :wink: Anyway, good luck to you and let me know what you find. P.S. Some of the outer banks is a Protected National Seashore and you cannot detect there, but alot of it you can. That info is all over the net and I am sure Nags Head and to the North of there is o.k. to detect. HH :hello:

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Raptor, anything north of the National Seashore is ok. It starts at the southern end of South Nags Head. Stop at the visitor center on the right hand side after you cross the bridge. It is at mp 1(roughly) and they would have a map of the Hatteras National Seashore.

Are you staying in Nags Head or Corolla?

habs

LMC 620

Apr 29, 2009
Staten Island NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
We rented a house there last August, just down from the lighthouse. I'd never MD's before and bought my first one on a lark. I figured I'd be on a beach for a week so why not. Being new and learning the machine, I didn't fine anything of value, but I did find a few bucks in change. I usually went at dusk, after the crowds left. Nobody bothered us at all. The beaches there are typical of others, pull tabs, bottle caps and bobby pins.

OP
OP
R

raptor

Feb 4, 2007
Westmoreland Co. PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
:icon_thumright:Just got back from Corolla had a great time but unfortunitly didn't get much of a chance to detect :( but wanted to pass on my thanks to all that replyed to my post. Good Hunting.
Raptor

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread