Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol no Lastleg that would be JuJu screamin about my stunning bright white legs , But the Red Head thinks my legs is sexy ......gotta luv a blind woman with bad taste lol

ya baby

Attachments

• image006.gif
    image006.gif
    239 KB · Views: 714
  • image006.gif
    image006.gif
    239 KB · Views: 701

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
I know your not talking about slavery but my wife knows that there is no ownership of spouses here. She can have her hobby without getting an ear full of crap about the time she spends on her hobby as well as I don't get an ear full about my hobby also.

This is about the hobby. Let's deal with it or get a new hobby, or spouse. Oh man, don't believe I just type that out loud.

Zectron2348

Aug 8, 2009
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT DFX MXT, many Minelabs, many Fishers, Tesoro Bandido, Lobo, Cortez, efx ground MX400, Treasure Commander TC2X, original Bounty Hunter Red Baron, and many more!
Upon my return after a morning of detecting, my wife would sarcastically comment; "Find anything?"

I would proudly show here a hand full of coins, she would quickly add them up and comment something like; "Well, ........ $3.27, ........ ONLY $472.51 LEFT TO PAY ON THAT THING!"

Well, ..........

That went on for years, .................... until I came home with that first really nice diamond ring, .............. then, ........ oh my what a change. All of a sudden it wasn't just an expensive "THING" any longer but a very usefull tool.

willy1970

Apr 8, 2009
Central MN
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro & X-Terra 50
Mine did until I "found" her wedding ring that our 5-year-old daughter
lost in our yard -- machine paid for itself five times over on that one. :laughing7:

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes - my other half gives me grief.

He drags me to stores to buy a metal detector for me, insists on having 10 packages of new batteries, drags me on vacations with gold pans and metal detectors and #2 shovels and digging tools, forces me to go all around the United States, forces me to read book after book after book on train robberies, lost treasure and the like.
Forces me to go to libraries all across the country (we have, between us, about 22 library cards), looking at yards and yards of microfische of newspaper articles, forces me to keep a 4 x 4 that can go anywhere and insists that we go treasure hunting in our free time.

Then, he forces me to come home long before I'm ready. What a pain he is!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

B

Gary66

Jul 30, 2009
Belle Vernon PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Bandido and Conquistador. Whites TR-Disc, Eagle 2 SL 90, Eagle Spectrum, XLT and M6. Garrett GTAx 1000pm, Garrett Pro Pointer. Compass XP-Pro. Fisher CZ-6A. Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and Sharpshooter.
My EX wife used to yap at me all the time....

She would say things like" Why do you spend all your time with that thing?..I think you'd sleep with it if you could".

I said "Every time it opens its mouth...it gives ME money and about the sleep with it BS....you had better be careful...I can get attachments"!

Didn't get the attachments...but I did manage to shut her up when I divorced her boring behind...lol

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol mrs.oroblanco I really hate to be the one to say it but you really sound abused darlin ,forced to live a life of such cruelty an harshness..... :tongue3: aint it a great life :laughing9:

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
metal mania said:
Just wondering if your partner gives you an ear bashing about wasting cash on a useless hobby being out all hours etc etc etc.

Of course mine doesn't shes an angel with a heart of gold Bobs does though.
only if i let her ;D ;D

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
I am the boss in my house. I wear the pants around here, and my wife gave me permission to say that.

My wife likes the idea that I prospect, treasure hunt and rock hound. When she sees me with a bucket of black sand, or rocks, or I show her my dirty clad then she knows that I'm not sitting on a bar stool. Or doing other things that would cause her to nag at me.

riverite

Sep 15, 2008
campbell river bc
Detector(s) used
ace250 with sniper coil
:thumbsup: she is all for it , knows i aint sitting around in bars , just have to make sure i get home with dirty knees and hands

cdltpx

Jul 6, 2009
Galvez La 70769
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/2 coils BH 2 coils/ Garrett pinpointer.
Michael in SC said:
Not really. She enjoys the fact that I like to go hit the beach early (before sunrise) so it doesn't really cut into "us time." Having said that, I do sometime arrive home tardy if I'm having a particularly good day and she will get a little bent out of shape. I'm just waiting on the day I bring home something big and shiny so she will be completely on the same page as me!

Michael
Go to a yard sale and find some silver and gold rings or something buy them and when she starts to give you a hard time take out a mercy find on your way home. You did get it treasure hunting you just used a fast forward button and found it before it was lost too deep.

Kilika

Apr 6, 2007
NW Washington (State)
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, GMT
I recently had to buy a new rig when my old one was too far broken to repair, and my other half FORCED me to get a 4x4 instead of the 2-wheel drive pickup I would've been perfectly happy with. (I head up in the hills quite a bit)

He usually makes me eat the dinner he has ready when I get home.

"Together time" ?? Well... I do have two detectors and two gold pans. :wink: I keep holding out hope that someday he'll abuse me like Mrs. B's spouse abuses her. Guess I'm just a masochist....

P.S. He loves the 18k bracelet I found for him!

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nah, that phenomenon never happens in America. We train our women the right way. ;D
Obviously not married, and pretty much no chance in the future of that happening,
Carl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread