A personal apology to tnet and each and every member

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only Forum that I see people has the biggest problem, is the Contest Forum. Some Member X started a "Guess the Money in the Jar" thread and has changed there Screen Name. So now Everyone is left Wondering why the Member X will not respond. There alot of Questions in there, but X is not there to answer them.

Today I wish to issue a heart felt and sincere apology and to offer an explanation if I may for my actions concerning the above Guess the money in the jar contest which I started some time ago.

When I started the competition I did so with honest intentions then life threw one of its many twists and turns at me.

I lost my father to a terminal disease battling on with depression my life well lets say took a turn for the worse I lost everything material which I processed.

The money in the jar never reached the top I only reached the bottom of a glass.

I'm the So called Member X trying to answer those questions which some quite rightly want answers to.

1. question Why come back under a different screen name.

answer it wasn't to deceive if that had been my intention then why come back with the same distinctive writing style I hope light hearted and humorous so much so particular members evened welcomed me back it felt like home.

I did so because I associated that screen name to events I have described above.

2. why not cancel the contest or announce this earlier.

My financial situation didn't enable me to even have an internet connection

I'm not going to go any more into depth about a highly personal situation in open forum than that if a particular member wishes a more detailed explanation then pm me please.

At the end of the day should a moderator or owner/owners of tnet wish I'm quite happy to cancel my membership to a great forum.

Best wishes Strike it rich/Metal Mania

terryo

Aug 13, 2007
north Florida
Detector(s) used
ace 250, 1974 Whites coinmaster 2/d
Metal, I am sure you had the very best of intentions when you posted the contest.I too saw the contest posting, but never could open the post for some reason.Trust me, I know all about things heading south quickly, I haven't been able to work in over a year, no prospects even .Sorry about your fathers passing, I've crossed that bridge too, and a mom, (brother and sister recently too,) so i feel ya. As far as I'm concerned, no harm/no foul, no worries. good luck in the future man, it doesn't sound like you can do anything but move upwards from here! Cheers, Terry

OP
OP
M

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
terryo said:
Metal, I am sure you had the very best of intentions when you posted the contest.I too saw the contest posting, but never could open the post for some reason.Trust me, I know all about things heading south quickly, I haven't been able to work in over a year, no prospects even .Sorry about your fathers passing, I've crossed that bridge too, and a mom, (brother and sister recently too,) so i feel ya. As far as I'm concerned, no harm/no foul, no worries. good luck in the future man, it doesn't sound like you can do anything but move upwards from here! Cheers, Terry
Dont quite know what to say terry except stay strong best wishes MM

K

Kentucky Kache

Don't worry about what some others think. There will always be those who think they should be running the show and everyone else should follow. Nobody is forced to read threads or post to them. Nobody is forced to enter contests. So if anyone has a problem, let it be THEIR problem.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I'm going through the pain of a lost loved one myself right now. But we will make it through.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't post much here anymore but I will say this, everyone deserves a break..things happen, it took alot of guts for MMania to write his apology.. The statement that he cant be trusted is truly uncalled for.. MMania was beng honest and at least he had the guts to say why and what happened and apologized..alot of other folks here wouldnt apolgize.. apology accepted. now can we get back to treasure hunting..

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Life throws all of us a lot of twists and turns, and at the end of the day it's is how we deal with them that is the measure of a man. I am sorry for your loss and I sincerely hope things turn around for you and you will one day look back on your present troubles as a distant memory. You are an honorable man and your apology is sincerely accepted.

However, if the contest is still on, I don't care how many years it takes, if my guess is closest when it's full, I still want my 10% to go to charity. :icon_sunny:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,148988.msg1527522.html#msg1527522

And if the contest has been canceled, I still wish you well, and best wishes on getting your jar full anyway, Metal Mania.
Remember it's not 99% empty it is 1% full! I'm pulling for you. :icon_thumright:

GG~

* I finally found out how to make the British pound sign. £

In Word, or almost any other Windows programs for that matter, press and hold the Alt key while you type 0163 on the numeric keypad at the right of the keyboard (not the numbers above the letters) and when you release the Alt key you will have a £ sign inserted wherever the cursor is at. (mac. is different)

jb7487

Apr 16, 2009
Obviously, you cannot be trusted.

Then he will show his true stripes again in the future. So cut him some slack this time and give him the benefit of the doubt. It's true that he could have made up the whole story about falling on hard times and losing his father. I've seen people do the very same thing many times on forums over the years. Some people just can't help themselves for whatever reason. If that is the case then he will falter again soon and we will all see him for what he really is. If it is not the case then he deserves for everyone to be understanding and let it go.

Only time will tell. But either way a public apology will usually earn you respect from your peers. These days it is hard to find people who will openly and publicly admit that they are wrong. I've had to do it a few times over the years and the response has always been very positive for me. So I can appreciate the gesture regardless of whether or not it is heartfelt.

Take care.

OP
OP
M

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To all those that replied thanks to all those that have lost someone close sorry for your loss.

When I issued my apology I did so with the three most important value systems in my life honestly,Integrity,Honour.

I'll fall or stand by those three words no one judges you harsher then yourself.

And when I act next time it will be by deeds not words.

Best wishes Metal mania /strike it rich

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kentucky Kache said:
Don't worry about what some others think. There will always be those who think they should be running the show and everyone else should follow. Nobody is forced to read threads or post to them. Nobody is forced to enter contests. So if anyone has a problem, let it be THEIR problem.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I'm going through the pain of a lost loved one myself right now. But we will make it through.

What KK said :thumbsup:

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
It takes a deal of courage to come back and offer apologies, and I admire you for doing so.
I sincerely hope that your life will turn around soon.

From a fellow "Brit"

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry about your loss. When one door closes in life, an other one opens.

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everything in one's life is transient. As they say, life is a roller coaster you just got to ride it.

Chin up my friend.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
well it just looks like its goiing to take a bit longer to "fill" the jar :wink:-- so take your time --start over and good luck -- hey lifes hard --- we know that from day 1 --- the "doctors" could tickle you & get ya to laugh but they swat you and make ya cry instead .--- when loved ones die we are really crying for us -- because we've lost a freind and helper , we not crying for them since they are in heaven -- thus their problems are over with. -- we crying because we re still stuck here having to struggle on without them to help and love us and we miss them deeply.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know nothing about the contest but can't imagine anyone holding it against you. Besides, who would start a contest with bad intentions? It doesn't make sense.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread