Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Mar 2007
    Northwest Missouri
    ACE 250
    41 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Florida...East or West coast?

I am thinking about moving and was wondering which side of Florida has better beaches. It's time for a change and I am going somewhere that is warm all year around. Are there certain areas where beach combing and detecting are better then others. Maybe not even Florida, I don't really have a plan I just know it's time to go. I appreciate all your input. Thanks,

Charlie

us
    "WP"

May 2005
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    White's IDX Pro, Vibraprobe 570, Minelab Explorer XS w/ Sunray X-1 Probe & Sunray Stealth X-12 DD Coil
    73 times
    History, Metal Detecting, and Survival & Self-Sufficiency

Re: Florida...East or West coast?

Charlie... there isn't any prettier beaches than those here on the Gulf Coast of Florida, IMHO!!
    The housing market is pretty bad, so I'm sure securing a home wouldn't be too hard.
    Right now, my girlfriend's family is trying to move down here to Saint Petersburg from Springfield, MO where they've all grown up at.
    The Treasure Coast is neat, but it seems inundated with detectorists...

Bran <><

P.S. Just found this pic I took on my phone a couple Christmas' ago down here... it was about 85 degrees out on Christmas Day!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Christmas in Florida.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	322527  
    Rom. 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

Rom. 10:10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

us
    Mar 2007
    Northwest Missouri
    ACE 250
    41 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Thanks Bran, I haven't really thought about it much yet i just decided yesterday to go. It's just time for a change and I like warm weather and water so I thought of Florida first. Maybe I'll see ya on the beach someday.

HH Charlie

us
    "WP"

May 2005
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    White's IDX Pro, Vibraprobe 570, Minelab Explorer XS w/ Sunray X-1 Probe & Sunray Stealth X-12 DD Coil
    73 times

Yep, I understand. My girl's folks were down here twice for two weeks each time last month... and they just kinda decided they would rather live here where they love it than up there. I definitely understand though, moving is a huge choice! It's not just something you can typically just up & do. You could always take a trip down just to get feel of the area. Allegiant Airlines flies has cheap direct flights from Springfield to St Pete/Clearwater airport. I found tickets the other day for 29 bucks one way, and 99 bucks for the return flight.
    But if you do ever get down this way, let me know...

Bran <><
    Rom. 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

Rom. 10:10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

us
    Mar 2007
    Northwest Missouri
    ACE 250
    41 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

I am probably just gonna drive but thanks that would come in handy when I get settled somewhere.

Charlie

us
    Jul 2009
    Orlando
    PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
    43 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Florida is not warm all year round... 10 month outta the year its hotter than Georgia asphalt!!!
    http://www.infraredservices.net/
    The Pirate comes out at night...

us
    "WP"

May 2005
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    73 times

True, but we've got Gulf Breezes... lol

Bran <><

us
    Aug 2007
    north Florida
    ace 250, 1974 Whites coinmaster 2/d
    4 times

If you love to sweat, Florida is the place for you!It gets downright miserable here in the summer, but its not too bad in the winter, although it does get 15 degrees or so in the coldest part of winter.Of course , the next day it may be 70 degrees, so if you don't like todays weather, stick around , it will change tomorrow! I live up in the big bend area, not the more southerly ,temperate region.I hate this place, lived here 40+ years, and I am ready for a change, too!
    Believe.

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    9298 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

We have 9 months of good weather, and 3 months of bad.(June-August) I was born and raised in Florida, but have also lived in the cold north (North Dakota, Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, and Colorado being the coldest of the Northern States I have lived in.) Maybe it's because I have lived up north, but I think Sept through May is nice here. Now of course hurricane season runs June - November, but you have plenty of warning when they are coming.

Strictly for water detecting purposes, I would live a little closer to South Florida so you could detect that area. Gulf coast water is nice but has lots of hunters, east coast has rough water, but south is nice.

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

TreasureNet.com Rules

us
    Arizona Ames

Dec 2008
    Michigan
    MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21
    21 times

Most northern transplants end up on the west coast of Florida where the water is shallow and their are no Spanish Galleons. The oldest city in north America is St. Augustine on the east coast. Hunting for gold coins, pieces of eight, or all around detecting cannot be surpassed from St. Augustine south. There is some good Marlin and sailfishing half way down as well. Prices on commodities are better because shopkeepers cater to the real Floridians that do not make much money. Housing is considerably cheaper as well. Check out Palatka on the St Johns river.
    Arizona Ames

Sponsors