Garrett depth multiplier question

CRAZY-TEXICAN

Jun 15, 2009
Carrollton Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Quattro MP , Minelab Musketeer modified , Tesoro Bandido II micromax , Garrett Groundhog , D-Tex Koin King BFO
I had this thing for some time and never tried to use it other than in my back yard for testing , i buried a paint can lid at about a 2 feet deep and did not detect it, so i tried it at a foot deep and barely got an increase in sound . i have tried everything i can think of and its just not working .. I know the coils are good because they will both detect hammer when i swing it a few inches from the coil , if i get a cookie sheet and swing it 2 feet in the air it will go completely silent like it was discriminating it but its in all metal mode, at 3 feet it barely senses it .. I am running it in all metal mode , sensitivity at max, trash elimination at zero and threshold sound barely audible and i use headphones .. I have also tried manual and auto mode, different tone and even walking with the detector a couple of inches from the ground and at different angles.. I am using the old school 5.5KHz system with the master hunter 7 ..

Thank you for any advise ..

A.

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
That may be the smallest size target that it will pick up. That is good in that it won't pick up
small trash, and you can scan faster for fairly large targets. Try something larger like a car
wheel or a metal 5 gallon gas can. I tested a Gemini 3 two box detector on a car wheel in
an air test the max depth was about 4 1/2 feet with a very weak signal. I have just never
believed the depht claims for two box units.
Good luck,
Rich

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have masterhunter cx plus with the dept mutaplyer. I found alot of stuff at diffrent dept for instance horse shoes a couple of inches below surface. 2'by2' float copper 30'' deep that weighed 190lbs conglomerate 2'by3'' 4' below surface it weighed 3to4 hundred pound, and a 8 inch spike on the surface.And a 4'by 30' calvert 12' deep. you could see the culvert so i didn't dig to find out what it was. lots of digging because of all metal mode no matter what you found and how deep. It goes the bigger the deeper. hope that helps.Ooo ps it has to be in the ground at lest 6to7 year before it will test properly. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: liftloop

OP
OP
CRAZY-TEXICAN

CRAZY-TEXICAN

Jun 15, 2009
Carrollton Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Quattro MP , Minelab Musketeer modified , Tesoro Bandido II micromax , Garrett Groundhog , D-Tex Koin King BFO
Thank you all for the information , i have been testing it in the back yard and found a lid from a 55 Gallon drum 3 feet deep so i guess it works fine ;D ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions