Where should I send my detector for repair?

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
S

stefen

Considering shipping and bench time, its probably a wash.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neil, I would call them up and ask which is the best and quickest place to repair it. Good luck

OP
OP
West Jersey Detecting

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
lambretta said:
Yeah I'd find out where it's supposed to before sending it, you don't want to take a chance.

FYI, I was told by Joann at White's of Long Island that I could send it to either. Manasas VA is closer and cheaper, so I guess I will pack it up to ship it there.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should check to see what he charge to work on it. The White Dealer in Oregon charge $45 to work on it plus parts. So it all depends on what he is going to charge you if it is Worth it......Matt

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o Be sure to contact the place you decide to send the damaged detector to before mailing it. They will give you a shipping number and a way to check up to see when it is shipped back. Also don't forget insurance and tracking both ways. I sent one once without tracking and nobody ever recieved it and it was never seen again. Expensive mistake.
Just a thought,
:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
West Jersey Detecting

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
White Feather said:
:o Be sure to contact the place you decide to send the damaged detector to before mailing it. They will give you a shipping number and a way to check up to see when it is shipped back. Also don't forget insurance and tracking both ways. I sent one once without tracking and nobody ever recieved it and it was never seen again. Expensive mistake.
Just a thought,
:icon_thumright:

It is like sending one of my kids through the mail. I am freaking out! I am still able to use it, so I keep procrastinating.

auferret

Sep 25, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sunray DX-1
Falcon MD20
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mail the kid first. If he comes back ok, it'll probably be ok to ship the detector.

OP
OP
West Jersey Detecting

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
auferret said:
Mail the kid first. If he comes back ok, it'll probably be ok to ship the detector.

How many air holes should I put in the box?

:D :D

auferret

Sep 25, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sunray DX-1
Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neil in West Jersey said:
auferret said:

How many air holes should I put in the box?

:D :D
I think your detector will be fine without the air holes.:)

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DKinPA

Aug 21, 2005
Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Minelab ETrac & Tesoro Silver UMax
Hey Neil,

Just my two cents.......but......it comes from experience, I sent my baby to Manassas first........notice I said "first"!! Yes, it came back with the same issues it had when I sent it. I then contacted Todd Marshall at White's in Oregon and sent it to him. Total turnaround time was one day over three weeks and she came home looking and acting like new.

I know if she ever has to be repaired again I will only send it to the factory, never to Centerville Electronics!!

Send her out and "git r done", you'll be glad you did and you can stop wondering if you're walking right over keepers that she can't see!!

Dave

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DKinPA;
:icon_thumright: I second that. White's did the same with my Surfmaster. Oregon is the best place for my dollar. :headbang: :coffee2: Gotta have another Grog.

OP
OP
West Jersey Detecting

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
DKinPA said:
Hey Neil,

Just my two cents.......but......it comes from experience, I sent my baby to Manassas first........notice I said "first"!! Yes, it came back with the same issues it had when I sent it. I then contacted Todd Marshall at White's in Oregon and sent it to him. Total turnaround time was one day over three weeks and she came home looking and acting like new.

I know if she ever has to be repaired again I will only send it to the factory, never to Centerville Electronics!!

Send her out and "git r done", you'll be glad you did and you can stop wondering if you're walking right over keepers that she can't see!!

Dave

You know the expression "a day late, and a dollar short". I sent my DFX to Centerville yesterday. It had become impossible to ground balance the machine. (I am secretly hoping they cannot repair it and send me a new one).

It came down to the postage rate.

I hope you are wrong on this one.!

auferret

Sep 25, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sunray DX-1
Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have learned that no one is perfect. I understand that DKinPA had a bad experience there but I also find it hard to believe that White's would risk their good customer service record if there was a big problem there.

RWJR13

Apr 25, 2007
MESQUITE, TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT & Classic ID
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DKinPA said:
Hey Neil,

Dave
Only to the Factory.....my opnion........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread