wat do you find driving down da road?

Jay Plunder

Aug 18, 2009
Southeastern, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1.A Nikon D70 Camera complete with upgraded lenses, flash (that was broken). Saw it on the side of the road at 65mph :tongue3:. I viewed the photos and it had some pictures of roadside construction, I tried to locate an owner to no luck. Over a $1000 camera altogether with all the upgrades.
2. Also, I found a wallet, which I did find the owner of it had his driers license, SS card and his original CDL certifications. He gave me $20 for the honesty....it had $78 in it.
3. A large pipewrench, worth at least $40
4. A Penn International saltwater 80TW LARGE reel on a custom bent boat rod. Must have fallen off someones boat on a dip that was near where I found it. Scratched up pretty good but still works!

I always scan the roads...you never know what your gonna find ;D

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
A box that contained empty boxes of cold medications. My hubby saw it and ignored it. Two days later he passed by the same locale and the cops were there. He told them he'd seen that a couple of days prior. Two meth labs shut down during the next few weeks just a couple of miles away. ::) ::) ::)

gxray

Jan 30, 2009
I was walking to the store one day and saw a $5 bill frozen solid in a mudpuddle. Had to find a big rock to chisel it out of the ice.

realtexmex

Greenie
Nov 5, 2006
Mesquite TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Last time I spotted something from the road, it was a turtle :icon_scratch:, probably about 15 lbs. What I can I say, I'm in Texas!

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found a purse with a cell phone when I stopped a bank while on the way to the beach to do some MDing. I called the ICE number and found out the person was a paramedic on vacation. It had over $200 in she told me I could have it all but I refused it. 2 hours later I found some real nice silver treasure.

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My best find was 10 yrs ago found a purse on the side of the road in ditch and of course had to pull over and look at it. Was old and torn but still had $$ and all the junk inside of. Found the owner of it and returned it all just the way I found it. The nice lady said that she lost it about 2 yrs ago and she must of left it on top of the mini van after getting groceries. Did take the reward it was only $ 20.00 buck but was hoping the $200.00 that was in it.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something we always manage to find...life jackets/preservers and empty ice chests.

This is the honest to goodness truth...I spotted plugs of grass (zoysia), after passing a few, I slowed down and started retrieving what had blown/fallen off the truck. I managed a good 15-20 nice sized plugs...of course this was along the interstate, only about a 7 mile stretch till I had to exit onto the local road. That grass is still growing to this day in my yard. :laughing7:

:wink: RR

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am proud of all of you cause we are all people of the search mode no matter how small the item, no matter how big its the hunt. :notworthy:

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
I could have one heck of a collection of beach towels. See them all the time on the side of the road that goes to the beach. Only reason I do not stop and pick them up is that the road is quite busy and it is very dangerous to pull over.

I am always temped to stop. One day I will give in to the temptation.

Ray S

Emileel

Jan 4, 2009
Several years ago, on a Sat. night, some friends and I almost hit a small igloo cooler sitting in the middle of the road. When we opened it, there was fresh ice and an 8-pack of pony beers chilling. It must have fallen off of a truck, I guess.

One morning, while getting out of my car at work, I found a fresh $50 bill on the ground. My parking lot is between 4 bank bldgs. all with drive thru windows, I guess it must have blown over.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
We're all struggling hillbillies here. Back in the spring, my friend's father was at an intersection just a few miles north of here, right by the interstate, and there was a truck in front of him with a cooler in back and the tailgait down. Yep, you already know. Friend's father was watching it, but the guy in the pickup took off really fast, and when he did, the ice chest took a scoot back, and blam! hit the road. Friend's father stopped, got out, inspected, put the ice chest on his truck and took off after the "looser." He even got along side of him and motioned for him to stop. The "looser" took off faster. After a couple of miles of trying to get the attention of the looser, he gave up.

That cooler was stashed with a gazillion (iced down) Coors and MGD's. The neighborhood was happy around here for a couple of weekends.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found 4,000 dollars worth of counterfeit 20 dollar bills once. In case y'all wonder, the Secret Service is the agency that handles that sort of thing, besides protecting the president.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread