aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
All the same serial number was pretty much a dead giveaway in this case. Plus I had some trainin from the Secret Service on ID'ing counterfeits.
:o dang!!!

SteveDodds

Dec 9, 2006
North Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, BH 202
It wasn't on the road but...

A friend and I found a $100 bill at a bar once. It was rolled up in a ball. We were playing pool. My buddy took the butt end of his cue and hit the bill across the room at me and said here have a dollar. The bill opened up a little. Up until the bill opened up a little bit we assumed it was a $1.00 bill so we weren't to excited. When the bill opened up, the number 100 was staring up at me. We picked up the bill and quickly left and went to another bar. We drank free all night.

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SteveDodds said:
It wasn't on the road but...

A friend and I found a $100 bill at a bar once. It was rolled up in a ball. We were playing pool. My buddy took the butt end of his cue and hit the bill across the room at me and said here have a dollar. The bill opened up a little. Up until the bill opened up a little bit we assumed it was a $1.00 bill so we weren't to excited. When the bill opened up, the number 100 was staring up at me. We picked up the bill and quickly left and went to another bar. We drank free all night.
:hello2:

papajos

Feb 11, 2009
Have found the usual-assorted tools, road kill and booze bottles. One time found a 5 gallon bucket full of ice-fishing gear. Am still using some of that stuff now. There have been a few instances around here (upstate NY) where people have founds sacks of cash. Fallen off/out of armored trucks and or robbery money.

Question-how many of you would turn in a big sack of cash if you found it? Different than someone's wallet or purse, in that case I would make every effort to find the owner. However, a big sack of cash is most likely either insured or ill-gotten booty. Think about it.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
sack of cash --what sack of cash ? :D :icon_thumright:

some poor smucks wallet with his paycheck he needs to pay the bills --feed the kids --return it

a bag full of federal insured money ;D :icon_thumright: ( think of it as you own private govt stemulis fund -- heck they give it to all the fat cats ) or ill gotten gains that could be put to "good" use instead --its like a gift from god --- cuz wanted me to have it or he wouldn't have put in front of me.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Just yesterday had to do a u-turn and go back and see if I had seen something good. It was only an empty canvas type zippered lunch box but it's mine now :thumbsup:

The strangest thing I ever found was a motorcycle... I was driving a semi and thought I saw it laid over down a road bank on the way to unload, the more I thought about it the more it bothered me that there might be someone lying down there with it hurt or even dead. I went back and sure enough it was a motorcycle laid over with a crappy paint job and no plates. Luckily I didn't find anyone with it. I called the state patrol and reported it, unfortunately they said I couldn't have it if no one claimed it.

HH Charlie

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds everyone :headbang: but where's the pics :tongue3:

Here's a recent 'road kill' find of mine; eyeballed while I was crossing a road.
Only slightly squashed so still (cr)edible ;D

sterling pendant.JPG

The chain has a tag with "NZ.925" :icon_thumleft: and a 'ZZ'

Mike

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
trikikiwi said:
Cool finds everyone :headbang: but where's the pics :tongue3:

Here's a recent 'road kill' find of mine; eyeballed while I was crossing a road.
Only slightly squashed so still (cr)edible ;D

The chain has a tag with "NZ.925" :icon_thumleft: and a 'ZZ'

Mike
:thumbsup:

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok I didnt throw this in the first time but since its still running what the heck.

I used to work for the DOC an would take out work release crews an cleans roads ,We found anything from human body parts , Found a human finger , knives ,2 guns, money, drugs , anything an everything to use or carry drugs, car parts , a Motor cycle , a rolled over car with a guy still inside of it ( that one made the paper he had been trapped in the car for 2 days)alot of things you just really dont wanna know about lots of spare tires an tons of garbage .

CalReg

May 3, 2020
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000, Simplex, Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found a wallet that was stuffed with credit cards and over $250 in cash. Returned it to the owner...he was happy as a clam!

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me and my friend were once out in the country and it was a chilly night and pouring rain. We came to a four way stop and a naked lady was there at the intersection, no car or house around. We drove away. I still kind of regret it, but we were about 19 and scared. Thought maybe it was a setup or something.

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spotted a purse laying in the road, had my friend who was driving stop and I got out a grabbed it. We were almost to his house so I didn’t even look inside. A few minutes later when we got inside his house I opened it and it was full of poop.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
When I was a kid I found a loaf of bread that fell off a bread truck. I took it home and put a slice between a biscuit & had a white bread sandwich!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread