Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/honorable-mention/545871-found-purse-wad-money.html

Also found a DeWalt impact drill.
Wheel Chocks
A few tools
When fur prices were up, I'd pick up road kills and sell the furs.
I remember picking up good sized coon and selling for a fifty dollar bill, green on the hoof! That was like a week’s wage for a teen back in ‘78. Sometimes we’d see one, go back in 15 minutes and was already claimed and gone. Nowadays, I keep my eyes peeled for snappers coming out in the spring...good gracious I make a mean Cajun turtle soup!

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$50 for a raccoon?! Hmm...what was the deal?

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best thing I found along the road is the knowledge that drunken/stupid midnight roll overs are the best place to find valuables along the road...pocket knives...cd’s...hand tools, chains, jewelry, jacks, money...etc. All throw out into the grass and usually left behind and never retrieved.

Sounds bad, but people usually never come back to pick up their stuff..never mind the trash that litters our roads.

Most recently I found the kid’s wallet with his weekly paycheck in cash. I turned it into highway patrol...doubt he even thought to ask about it.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
$50 for a raccoon?! Hmm...what was the deal?
Coon=$50, muskrat=$8, red fox=$70, mink=$40...up until about 1980 people in the US/world wore natural fur. Big demand for fur until PETA came along. Kids across the US made good money fur trapping throughout most of the 20th century. So did many unemployed adults. $50 in 1980 had the same purchasing power as $175 today!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I sold some roadhits back then too along with trapped furs.
It was about 1980 the market crashed and is was not worth it anymore.

Lots of finds along and on roads over the years.

A quality wool Fedora/safari type "highway hat" was spotted over a period of days , sometimes wind moved; till I just had to stop.
An air compressor at work to dust it , and a fine hat resulted.
Still have it in good shape after around thirty years....

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If there is a junk pile I usualy stop and look. Too many bikes to count, skateboards ect. My favorite find was a Golden Tee 1999 arcade machine outside of an appartment. Luckily I had a Jeep at the time. Loaded it up brought it home. There was $10+ in change in it. I powered it up and it wouldent get past the loading screen. Put it on craigslist and someone bought it for $150. He just wanted it for the cabinet itself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread