Great shovel tip

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Want some friendly advice for the best shovel anywhere?? That will last?
Want a great shovel that will last?
Here's what I have done. I have spent a lot of money looking for the best shovel for relic hunting. and I have broken most of them in the process. Yes, even the ones made for treasure hunting.
For me, I am a RW-CW Hunter so, as my fellow War-relic friends will tell you, They have got to be strong!

I have a friend who is a blacksmith who built me a shovel of medium size that I designed for 30 bucks. I built my own handle from Hickory. I like the handles to be long so I can use them as walking sticks and effective snake detours. I then drill a hole through the Hickory stick on top where I attach a bungee type lanyard you can buy at ace or any hardware store in lengths. I then attach a simple rock climbing carabeiner so it may be attached to a belt loop or trash pouch easily! you can now drag the shovel and your "hands free" if need be to give the user a bit more comfort.
It's the best shovel I have ever had and it is tough! Oh yeah, Don'y forget when your shovels become "dull" you can give them a quick sharpening with either a bench grinder or hand grinder. Mine will go through tough grass and 1 inch roots with minimal effort. I hope this helps!

Mike HHHH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread