which dealer to go with

fasttracker

Sep 19, 2008
Hey,

Ive made up my mind to get an xterra 705 or 70 and was wondering where the best place online is to get it. Is kellyco a reputable dealer because i noticed they are selling the new 705's with headphones and other stuff for like $680? Im goin to be at cabelas this weekend so I looked up what they sell for detectors, BOOM minelab xterra 70 ...for $879!! and it just comes with a bag and headphones!! Is there any way to talk them down because I'd like to have this thing asap but $840 is insane, they cant be selling any of them if kellyco's actually coming though on that price or should I trust kellyco.
thanks, ft

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I've personally bought several detectors from Kellyco, and would recommend them without hesitation. 8)

Marc

OP
OP
F

fasttracker

Sep 19, 2008
kk thanks marc i was just kinda taken back at how low they were compared to cabela's :icon_thumright:

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
I had a friend who bought a used xlt from kellyco,,, and it was a fantastic deal!!!,, very friendly and professional,,,..!!! :headbang:

I would not hesitate to buy there products,,,..

arthur

Newt

Bronze Member
Dec 10, 2007
Georgia
Detector(s) used
1265X and Tejon
Cabela's uses a % margin approach when selling products. They don't need to compete as much when your also buying $200 in tackle, $300 fly rod plus the $150 pair of waders. Do your research and let the market determine who you'll spend YOUR money with. It works! Some will sell and make a great margin but never see the buyer again. Others will make a fair margin and have a customer AND referral's for life.
Newt

pjeant

Tenderfoot
Aug 28, 2009
Re: which dealer to go with- 5 reasons for KellyCo

1. Kellyco was very helpful, professional :icon_thumright:and the deliverly was quick.
2. I bought the 20.00 "extra" pinpointer that broke right away, they sent a new one out right away and it has been fine. The first one had some kind of tiny crack.
3. I would recommend them, and I will most likely order my next one when i out grow the ace250, because they were helpful in assisting what kind of detector I should start with.
4. I didn't know who they were but their prices were very good, so far, I am very pleased with the whole kit.
5. They are also still very helpful when i go on line and use their "chat" because I am still learning this machine.

cstraiton

Sep 29, 2009
Flatwoods, Kentucky
Glad to see your posts. I have been looking for my first detector, and have been considering kellyco myself. As soon as I can get the money together, I will be buying from them as well. Good luck to you in your new hobby. I can't wait to get out there myself.

ashleysflyr

Jan 2, 2008
Missouri
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S MXT (and man is she hot!)
I bought my White's MXT from Kellyco and was SOOO happy with the service, the shipping time, and the deal I got. I would certainly recommend Kellyco!

~Tom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread