Whats the most clad you have found in a day and what did you buy with it?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Sep 2009
    Salem Oregon
    ACE 250
    96 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Whats the most clad you have found in a day and what did you buy with it?

I would love to hear your stories!
    JOIN BOLO THRIFTING GROUP - A group on facebook that just shares items to (be on look out) for to resell for profit https://www.facebook.com/groups/BOLOThrifting/

us
    Jul 2009
    Whiting, NJ
    Ace 250
    1058 times

Re: Whats the most clad you have found in a day and what did you buy with it?

The most I found was just under $6 and I never spend it. I just toss the finds into little baggies. If I were to buy something with my meager finds, it would be more batteries

us
    Getter done

Sep 2007
    Terra Bella, Ca.
    DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
    564 times

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,274562

This was my best clad day in my two years of detecting. Luckily this day most of this clad was just below the root line of the grass, so digging was easy. As far as what I bought with it, well I save all my clad till the end of the year and then decide what to spend it on. My last years take was donated to a project at Church and the year before I bought some silver. But it was a fun 3 hr. hunt that day.

HH fccdfed
    Remember 9-1-1 and all the Fallen Firefighters and Police Officers. Never forget the price they paid for our Freedom.

God Bless the men and women past, present, and future who serve this country by serving in the military.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Solider, one died for your soul the other died for your freedom.

What a shame that scientists will call a cell on another planet "life", but they won't acknowledge a fetus as life until it is born.

Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching.

us
    Oct 2007
    Northern, OH
    DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
    417 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Well I just cash in my clad today at the bank. I got $86.01 so far this year. I order me a Garrett Pinpointer should be here this week.....Matt
    CRH 2014 find
    wheaties
    War Nickels
    Buffalo
    Mercs 4
    Rosie 6
    90% Kennedy
    Franklin
    Walkers
    40% halfs
    Detecting Finds
    Dollars
    Quarters `
    Silver Quarters
    Dimes
    Silver Dimes
    Nickels
    Pennies
    Wheaties
    rings

us
    May 2009
    Yuma Az
    Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
    56 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

I take all the clad I find an throw it in a coffee can after every hunt , then I throw it in the tumbler clean it up enough that the coinstar machine will take it , I spend my clad on batteries gas an so far have bought a few pieces of detecting equipment with only my clad , my best day so far was around $7 US my best day non US coins was $231 pesos
    Building my wealth one pull tab at a time Tank69

us
    Oct 2007
    Summit County, CO
    White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
    8185 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Once my goal was to go out and find enough clad to buy a cup of coffee and a newspaper the next day. Which I did. Now I just take and throw it in a jar and keep it.
    Just like Texas in 1880.

us
    Dave

Mar 2006
    Epworth, Ohio
    Compass xp-pro
    9 times

In a 5 1/2 hour period, i dug up a little over 400 clad coins, most of them pennys....

us
    Nov 2008
    Seminole County, Ok.
    GTI 2500
    6 times
    Metal Detecting

In the late 90's, a friend and I met a convoy of carnival trucks comming out of a fair grounds near Laredo, Tx. We both had our detectors, so we just back tracked the trucks to the place they had been operating for a few days.
    We each filled both sides of our carpenter aprons and emptied them twice before lunch. (About four hours) Never did bother counting my share.

Mar 2006
    Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
    ETRAC BABY
    25 times

I was hunting a park in Long Beach California. I got a nice quarter signal on the ACE 250 I was using at the time. I opened the hole and several quarters were looking at me. When I finished I had found $40.00 in quarters in 3 holes around a tree. I picked up the loot and took off. I didnt go back for a while. LOL. My best day with silver was 7 coins found in an area 20X20 square. Couldnt understand why they were there but I took them just the same. That was with the etrac I own now. TMAN...

us
    Oct 2003
    Central MA
    Minelab XS-2a Pro, Etrac, Excal II
    13 times

The most I've ever found in one day was a little over $10.50 and I only searched for about an hour and a half. I keep all the stuff I find and am putting a toward an underwater detector.

us
    Ace250man

Jul 2004
    Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let me detect!
    ace 250
    195 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)

little over $7, but i save all my clad, it adds up !!!
    ALLEN

Jul 2007
    Northwest Indiana
    Bounty Hunter Lonestar

My best day ever was almost $11.00 from a school ball field. My kids gave me a Bounty Hunter Lonestar on Father's Day 2007,
    with the finds from 2007 & 2008 I ordered a laptop computer last week - $549.99 paid for with found money! I love this hobby!

us
    Dec 2008
    austin,texas
    Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
    512 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

My best coin find ever without a metal detector took place last year when I happend to be in the right place and the right time,there was a high speed cop chase out on a road where I collect aluminum cans,anyway the chase ended with the getaway car crashing into a tree or two and going off into a ditch.Well they starflighted the guy out to the hospital and I stayed around until the towtruck driver showed up,well this guy must have been in a hurry cause while loading up the wreck car it fell off the flatbed wrecker and when it did about 10 jars of coins fell out and into the ditch.The wrecker driver was cursing to himself,and put it back on the right way.I waited until he pull away and went over to the ditch,all the jars were busted but i walked away with a little over $500 in coins.Half went to my wife in giftcards and the other half went to the Food Bank where I volunteer.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links