Whats the most clad you have found in a day and what did you buy with it?

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The most I found was just under $6 and I never spend it. I just toss the finds into little baggies. If I were to buy something with my meager finds, it would be more batteries :laughing9:

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,274562

This was my best clad day in my two years of detecting. Luckily this day most of this clad was just below the root line of the grass, so digging was easy. As far as what I bought with it, well I save all my clad till the end of the year and then decide what to spend it on. My last years take was donated to a project at Church and the year before I bought some silver. But it was a fun 3 hr. hunt that day.

HH fccdfed

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I just cash in my clad today at the bank. I got $86.01 so far this year. I order me a Garrett Pinpointer should be here this week.....Matt

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take all the clad I find an throw it in a coffee can after every hunt , then I throw it in the tumbler clean it up enough that the coinstar machine will take it , I spend my clad on batteries gas an so far have bought a few pieces of detecting equipment with only my clad , my best day so far was around $7 US my best day non US coins was $231 pesos

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once my goal was to go out and find enough clad to buy a cup of coffee and a newspaper the next day. Which I did. Now I just take and throw it in a jar and keep it.

idigdirt

Mar 15, 2006
Epworth, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Compass xp-pro
Primary Interest:
Other
In a 5 1/2 hour period, i dug up a little over 400 clad coins, most of them pennys....

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In the late 90's, a friend and I met a convoy of carnival trucks comming out of a fair grounds near Laredo, Tx. We both had our detectors, so we just back tracked the trucks to the place they had been operating for a few days.
We each filled both sides of our carpenter aprons and emptied them twice before lunch. (About four hours) Never did bother counting my share.

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
I was hunting a park in Long Beach California. I got a nice quarter signal on the ACE 250 I was using at the time. I opened the hole and several quarters were looking at me. When I finished I had found $40.00 in quarters in 3 holes around a tree. I picked up the loot and took off. I didnt go back for a while. LOL. My best day with silver was 7 coins found in an area 20X20 square. Couldnt understand why they were there but I took them just the same. That was with the etrac I own now. TMAN...

Deep Seeker

Oct 6, 2003
Central MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab XS-2a Pro, Excal II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The most I've ever found in one day was a little over $10.50 and I only searched for about an hour and a half. I keep all the stuff I find and am putting a toward an underwater detector.

dr.design

Greenie
Jul 2, 2007
Northwest Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Lonestar
My best day ever was almost $11.00 from a school ball field. My kids gave me a Bounty Hunter Lonestar on Father's Day 2007,
with the finds from 2007 & 2008 I ordered a laptop computer last week - $549.99 paid for with found money! I love this hobby!

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My best coin find ever without a metal detector took place last year when I happend to be in the right place and the right time,there was a high speed cop chase out on a road where I collect aluminum cans,anyway the chase ended with the getaway car crashing into a tree or two and going off into a ditch.Well they starflighted the guy out to the hospital and I stayed around until the towtruck driver showed up,well this guy must have been in a hurry cause while loading up the wreck car it fell off the flatbed wrecker and when it did about 10 jars of coins fell out and into the ditch.The wrecker driver was cursing to himself,and put it back on the right way.I waited until he pull away and went over to the ditch,all the jars were busted but i walked away with a little over $500 in coins.Half went to my wife in giftcards and the other half went to the Food Bank where I volunteer. :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread