Hey from the New Guy

ShovelinDave

Jul 11, 2009
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bandido 2 - umax, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just wanted to formally introduce myself. The name is David. I was born and raised in Indiana. Now I'm living down here in North carolina. I found this website browsing one day and thought it was the best I've come by. It's got everything you could possiby need for the hobbies we enjoy so much. Which I tend to have to many of. I lean toward the gold prospecting more than the MD'ing. Last visit back home my Step Dad let me barrow (not buy or gave me) a metal detector that he has owned a couple years but never used. All I have found so far is some scrap metal in my yard, for now. Anyway, great site and looking foward to meeting some great people.

David

Justice70

Oct 18, 2008
michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Whites Prizm iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What up David, N.C. is a pretty state.

auferret

Sep 25, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sunray DX-1
Falcon MD20
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet David. You are right, this is the best forum of its kind. Glad you found us.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNET Dave , you have come to the best site ever ,the best place for any kind of info you need to help you in the great hobby, read everything you can and dont be afraid to ask questions :icon_thumleft:

Happy Hunting Tank

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi David :hello:

Welcome to T-Net!

Have you been doing any prospecting for gold in NC.?

I go there from Indiana about twice a year to prospect for gold. I also rock hound and gem hunt while I'm there as well.
Even thought about moving to North Carolina and setting up a pay to pan campground some day.

GG~

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet, Dave. There's some really cool folks on here, some very talented folks, some very knowledgable folks, maybe some rich folks, and then there's me. Best of luck to you!

OP
OP
ShovelinDave

ShovelinDave

Jul 11, 2009
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bandido 2 - umax, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the greetings.

GoodyGuy - I have done some panning here. I live in Cabarrus County which has a rich history of gold mines in it. I have an older neighbor who told me a little story. When he moved into our small neighborhood in the late 50's. There was a man that lived in the woods who panned for gold down in a little stream. He told me that's how he made his living. I guess those were the days when life was a little simpler.

This next year I'm going to get me a sluice. I already have a couple leads on some good spots to try out. I have to get permission from the landowners is all. That's when I will find the biggest nugget of gold and her little sisters that will let me retire early in life. Then I can be a fulltime prospector/MD'er. Maybe even becoame a partner on that campground idea of yours.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ShovelinDave said:
Thanks for the greetings.

GoodyGuy - I have done some panning here. I live in Cabarrus County which has a rich history of gold mines in it. I have an older neighbor who told me a little story. When he moved into our small neighborhood in the late 50's. There was a man that lived in the woods who panned for gold down in a little stream. He told me that's how he made his living. I guess those were the days when life was a little simpler.

This next year I'm going to get me a sluice. I already have a couple leads on some good spots to try out. I have to get permission from the landowners is all. That's when I will find the biggest nugget of gold and her little sisters that will let me retire early in life. Then I can be a fulltime prospector/MD'er. Maybe even becoame a partner on that campground idea of yours.

Dave,

When I come down in the spring maybe we can partner up, I'll bring a dredge, high banker, sluice, spiral wheel, pans, and a Whites GMT gold nugget detector.

I would be happy to show you the ropes and split the gold 50/50. You provide the location I'll provide the equipment and expertise.
PM me if interested.

GG~

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Dave you are in a good area for the many hobby's represented here. Look forward to seeing some of your finds :hello:
HH
TnMtns

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread