i could not belive this !!!!!

bottlecap4t2

Aug 28, 2009
i went in to our local jeweler where i sell my scrap gold and such, so in walks this lady with a ziplock baggy with a ring inside it. well i got to talking to her while she was waiting, and she told me that her and the husband had just bought an old house and they are remodeling the batroom, well the husband took out the toilet and noticed that when he moved the toilet it would make a clinking sound so he tipped it upside down and out fell a ring. the wife was there checking to see if the ring was real, well the lady but some kind of lite thing on the stones, and told her that they are real diamonds and mr the one in the middle was a honker and the rest were not small at all so then they tested it for gold and of course it was pure gold. she paid them $65 for a appraisalsal and cleaning. when they told her how much it was worth i thought she was going to pass out. the ring was appraised at $20 to $30 thousand dollars.

lokkenpa

Aug 8, 2008
Edmond, OK
Detector(s) used
MineLab e-Trac, Garrett Ace250, SunRay X-1, ProPointer
Holly smokes! I hope she went to her insurance agent right after...

HH

OP
OP
B

bottlecap4t2

Aug 28, 2009
i know she said they were exspecting a baby soon too. so that should help them out some. i just can't belive it, you would of just had to have been there. i was thinking to myself good for them.

sharpshooter

May 3, 2007
Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
bottlecap4t2 said:
she told me that her and the husband had just bought an old house and they areremodeling the batroom.........

Is that anything like the batcave? or batmobile?

Neat story.

Couldn't resist the kidding.

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
I'd check the ring traps in the sinks next...

TexasDigger1

May 31, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Teknetic G2, Excal 2 1000, Garrett Sea Hunter II
They even saved money by not buying a metal detector, some people are just plain lucky.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I knew a guy, who worked for a sanitation district somewhere back east. He worked at some sort of settling ponds, treatment plant facility. He told me that occasionally they would get calls from distraught ladies, asking if the workers would please look for a ring or other types of jewelry that had accidentally been flushed down the toilet. (of course the workers would never find, or even look for such things). But when my friend told me about these occasional calls coming in, it made me think that this is not that uncommon, apparently.

And I heard a story that ...... decades ago, New York sewer workers discovered that dense heavy items like rings would get caught in the joints between the pipe sections (where the grout connect each section) of the sewer lines. Go figure, NY's main underground sewer pipes are large enough to stand in, walk through, etc... and are over 100 yrs old? Workers soon wised up and would deliberately walk the lengths, checking each expansion/grout joint, collecting the jewelry :) Of course the first persons to wise up to this, got all the decades of accumulated goodies. So now, it's only whatever's passed by since then. Wouldn't you have liked to be the first one to wander this riffle board? You gotta figure there were probably coins there too, etc....

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
packerbacker said:
I think I'll go to the men's room at Grand Central Station and take a wrench with me. ::)
Good Ideal. Just remember to wear your coveralls and tool box that says "Pakerbacker Plumbing" ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread