What all do you take with you on your hunts? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    us
    Sea'mus King of the Leprechauns

Jan 2009
    Found under a rock, in Washington State.
    Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
    8 times

Re: What all do you take with you on your hunts?

Cleaning is a waste of time in the field. I spend all my time in the field hunting for caches, stashes, relics and gold. The more time I spent looking and digging, the more I find.

Dirty finds, dirty cloths, and dirty equipment will not wrote in a couple of hours of constant looking for finds. I can clean up at home which is a few minutes to a couple hours from my dig site.

If a coin or relic is in the ground, it was probable there for several months or years. It can wait a couple more hours to be cleaned.
    Sea'mus King of the Leprechauns

us
    Mar 2008
    Michigan
    Whites MXT, Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Tiger Shark
    173 times

I do mostly woods hunting so I have a backpack thats makes the hike easy. In the backpack: MD, pinpointer, small shovel, Lesche type trowel, small hatchet (that I found MDing, never took it out of the bag), a drink (or drinks ), gloves and the cell phone. It is not really a backpack but a baseball bat bag that has straps on it like a backpack. Has a hook on it to attach to a fence (or tree) , easier to find after wandering off detecting.

Thinking about getting some pepper spray after reading about that Canadian girl killed by coyotes. I think I could fend them off with the shovel and axe though.

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2007
    Tennessee
    White's MXT Sunray DX-1 Falcon MD20 Garrett Seahunter Mark II
    71 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

The best piece of equipment I bought was a camelbak. The weight of the water is distributed over my back so I am able to carry more water. This means that I can walk farther from my vehicle. The best prices are found at amazon.com or you can fins an off brand at most sporting goods stores.
    The creeks are all cowards and run underground and whiskey is so scarce that you can’t use it to wet down dry jokes. –The Irish Lord 1897

Jun 2006
    33 times

"Emergency paper"? Real woodsmen use leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmich
    I do mostly woods hunting so I have a backpack thats makes the hike easy. In the backpack: MD, pinpointer, small shovel, Lesche type trowel, small hatchet (that I found MDing, never took it out of the bag), a drink (or drinks ), gloves and the cell phone. It is not really a backpack but a baseball bat bag that has straps on it like a backpack. Has a hook on it to attach to a fence (or tree) , easier to find after wandering off detecting.

Thinking about getting some pepper spray after reading about that Canadian girl killed by coyotes. I think I could fend them off with the shovel and axe though.

I have a friend who detects that area, his wife is actually a doctor at the hospital the girl was taken to. Pretty tough stuff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links