What all do you take with you on your hunts?

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your coins will be just fine until you get home. Field cleaning finds can only hurt, not help.

I always have my detector, shovel, pouch, sometimes my Sunray probe, water, extra batteries, back up headphone cord, bug spray, sun block, a coffee consumed on the drive... and some form of paper other than the dollar bills in my wallet... that could get expensive. :D

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php?topic=220313.msg1596520#msg1596520

I think I've got everything listed that I take, minus my TomTom GPS in my truck, my smart phone (I used the camera to take pic's & upload them to Facebook, as well as Google Maps Mobile when I'm out & about) and gloves (which I don't use much, now that I've moved back to Florida)
And I usually take water for drinking, not washing things off with... but that's just me.

Bran <><

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
allen said:
some kind of food, just in case my sugar drops,
which has happened several times and ended up
in the hospital once because of it.

I don't have any known issue, but once in a while I do get very light headed and have to stuff something into my face.

I've always wondered if it was low blood sugar.

SteveDodds

Dec 9, 2006
North Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, BH 202
My F5, my shovel, my pinpointer, and ... BUCK

Attachments

• 151.JPG
    151.JPG
    160.5 KB · Views: 331

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
That is some good info all. For myself...MD, probe, pouch, trowel and or small shovel (sharp shooter in truck, or spade if you will) bug spray in truck, igloo cooler for hand washing, 2 quart water jug for drinking, both in truck. head phones. I like to travel light so as much as possible stays in truck, but well within easy reach. Some kind of rags or handi-wipes. Also a bucket of confidence. (keeps me going if things get slow.)

Best of luck,
BW

BMan

Greenie
Oct 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
allen said:
some kind of food, just in case my sugar drops,
which has happened several times and ended up
in the hospital once because of it.

Ditto that. Never had to go to the hospital, but have felt like I was going to have to crawl out of the woods. :laughing7:

Otherwise, it's mission dependent.

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

SouthArk

Mar 23, 2005
South-Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Detector Pro Pirate, Troy Shadow X-5, Fisher F75
I like the way a few of you said that it is mission dependant as to what you carry with you on your metal detecting trips. 99% of my detecting is for relics, so there is of course standard gear already mentioned. But, I have one of those 7 pocket/pouch camo belts from Bass Pro. It allows me to carry a bunch of stuff hands free. I carry a roll of that white, nonstick tape..... to drape in the trees and bushes to get a feel for the lay of the relics..... am I on a line of drops, etc? I carry the "emergency paper", I carry a few pill bottles, or plastic film cannisters filled with cotton or tissue...... to put delicate relics in like fresh dug buttons, or percussion caps, etc. I can also get a bottle of water or a 16 oz. Mtn Dew in the rear pouch. I normally carry a multi-tool with me and a pocket knife. But, there are times when I got to cull some stuff..... gets too dang heavy around my waist..... and, without much of a butt..... it wants to slide down! :-\

Thanks to all that are posting..... some really good ideas being brought up!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at your detector, look at anything that can break that would stop you from detecting other then the controls dying.

I take a tackle box with me every time I hunt that contains: (Stays in my van at all times)

Spare AA (usually 24), AAA (usually 12), and 9 Volt batteries (usually 4) watch batteries for my head lamp (3 sets)
Spare Nylon bolts and nuts for attaching coil (currently have 4 sets)
Spare rubber washers for end of shaft (currently have 6)
Allen wrench
Multibit screw driver
Vise grip plyers
Hand full of 8 inch tie wraps
Hand full of 3 inch tie wraps
Tie wrap cutter, cuts tie wrap flush
Pocket knife
Roll of velcro
Roll of electrical tape

Spare shoulder harness for the detector (Stays in my van at all times)
Spare bungies for the harness (Stays in my van at all times)
Spare water bags for trash and finds (Stays in my van at all times)
Waterproof case for keys (Stays in my van at all times)
Spare scoop (Stays in my van at all times)
Spare water detectors in case one has a problem ( I never go with less then 2 most times 3 detectors, ask my partners... :laughing9: )

Spare Rash Guard shirts
Wet suit
2 water hats with neck guards for sun. (hats are SPF50) (Stays in my van at all times)
2 sets of shoes for hunting in the water

Cooler that contains water, RC colas, and sandwiches........
First Aid Kit

Items that do not stay in my van are usually packed in a carry on bag and ready to go at a moments notice except for the wetsuit.

After driving 1.5 to 3.5 hours to get to the beach I am going to hunt, the last thing I want is for something to break that stops me from hunting.

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
Cleaning is a waste of time in the field. I spend all my time in the field hunting for caches, stashes, relics and gold. The more time I spent looking and digging, the more I find.

Dirty finds, dirty cloths, and dirty equipment will not wrote in a couple of hours of constant looking for finds. I can clean up at home which is a few minutes to a couple hours from my dig site.

If a coin or relic is in the ground, it was probable there for several months or years. It can wait a couple more hours to be cleaned.

mcmich

Mar 2, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Tiger Shark
I do mostly woods hunting so I have a backpack thats makes the hike easy. In the backpack: MD, pinpointer, small shovel, Lesche type trowel, small hatchet (that I found MDing, never took it out of the bag), a drink (or drinks ;D ), gloves and the cell phone. It is not really a backpack but a baseball bat bag that has straps on it like a backpack. Has a hook on it to attach to a fence (or tree) , easier to find after wandering off detecting.

Thinking about getting some pepper spray after reading about that Canadian girl killed by coyotes. I think I could fend them off with the shovel and axe though.

auferret

Sep 25, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sunray DX-1
Falcon MD20
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best piece of equipment I bought was a camelbak. The weight of the water is distributed over my back so I am able to carry more water. This means that I can walk farther from my vehicle. The best prices are found at amazon.com or you can fins an off brand at most sporting goods stores.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mcmich said:
I do mostly woods hunting so I have a backpack thats makes the hike easy. In the backpack: MD, pinpointer, small shovel, Lesche type trowel, small hatchet (that I found MDing, never took it out of the bag), a drink (or drinks ;D ), gloves and the cell phone. It is not really a backpack but a baseball bat bag that has straps on it like a backpack. Has a hook on it to attach to a fence (or tree) , easier to find after wandering off detecting.

Thinking about getting some pepper spray after reading about that Canadian girl killed by coyotes. I think I could fend them off with the shovel and axe though.

I have a friend who detects that area, his wife is actually a doctor at the hospital the girl was taken to. Pretty tough stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread