Crappy pics? Use the "macro" mode on your camera!

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Crappy pics? Use the "macro" mode on your camera!

I have both Macro and Super Macro on my camera. In super I can get as close as 0.04 from the object, that is almost touching the object, but then I must use very powerful sidelighting. My camera is a Fujifilm S2000HD non-slr.......NGE

OP
OP
J

jb7487

Apr 16, 2009
Re: Crappy pics? Use the "macro" mode on your camera!

dirtdigger57 said:
Not everyone is an expert photographer. That is why we have open forums where we should be able to get the answers. I posted a so called crappy picture. Could use a little less criticism from you experts and a little more down to earth advice. When you get to be an expert with all the answers let us know.

If my tone offended you then I am sorry. I didn't mean to be demeaning. But you appear to be overly sensitive about it. As for more "down to earth advice" I don't see how I could have given you anything more down to earth and simple. "Use the macro setting on your camera" is about as down to earth as you can get. I didn't go into a bunch of technical details on why it works better. Just simple "flip the switch and shoot" type advice.

Nobody is an expert on everything. Few people (including myself) are experts on anything. I'm certainly no expert photographer. But when I constantly see people posting lousy pictures AND THEN TELLING EVERYONE THAT THEIR CAMERA STINKS AND THEY NEED TO GET A NEW ONE, then that's when I tend to speak up. There had been a rash of those at the time I posted this. There is nothing wrong with most of these cameras and I'd hate to see someone go out and buy a new one only to have the same thing happen over and over again. The reality is that people need to take the time to learn to use their equipment. It's no different than learning to use a computer or even a metal detector. If someone came out here saying that they weren't getting satisfactory results the first thing you'd tell them is that they need to read the manual. I don't know why people think that cameras are any different.

So again, I apologize for sounding so harsh. It is frustrating to me that people don't read their manuals. But I guess that is a fact of life. Hopefully I've done more good than harm by posting this info. I'll try to be more sensitive next time. Please try to be less sensitive as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread