Supost to get my X-terra 705 Tuesday

~MetalDigger~

Oct 20, 2007
North Carolina
I'd get my MineLab Xterra 705, + Control box cover, and Automax V4. Wow I'm stoked cant hardly wait. I did the unthinkable, sold some of my rc hobby gear before I destroyed it, to fund this cool detector. I have only used an Ace-250 before so I'm sure this will be an all new experience. Sucks it's starting to get cold weather, but hey the grounds are not froze yet, probably be couple more months.

Any of y'all hunt in the winter time? How? and what do you use, and special tools, or clothing, of course you need warm clothing, but is their any preference. I have insulated boots, and coveralls. + some cloves, that needs replacing they are not very warm.

And how does this affect the metal detector, does it damage it? I'm talking Temps between say 50F down to about 32F I doubt I'll be out if it's below the freezing mark.

I'm going to try and dig up some maps and stuff to locate good spots for spring time, and until then just get the feel for this monstrosity.

Thanks for your comments, and tips.

OP
OP
M

~MetalDigger~

Oct 20, 2007
North Carolina
Re: Kellyco Said About 2 days

Try getting one in the middle of January when the ground is rock hard....

I probably had 10 hours on the damn thing before I could even take it outside.

Was yas finding nails in the floor? sounds like something I'd do.

OP
OP
M

~MetalDigger~

Oct 20, 2007
North Carolina
I picked up a set of Enegizers 4 AA's, I already have a great charger. PowerX Wizard One, best charger I ever owned for AA/AAA's. Can set indapendant charge rates from .10a to 2a Shows mah in each battery, volts, mah put into battery, and time charging. Model no. is MH-C9000

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread