Kellyco, good or bad?

firefighter35

Aug 19, 2009
Lebanon, pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x Minelab Explorer II Modified Bounty Hunter Garrett Ace 250(10x14 excelerator coil)
hey yall, i orded the 10x14 excelerator coil for my ace 250. arrived here fast. Put it on and it didnt work. I then sent it back to kellyco and now im told there all backordered. Is this normal for them or what is up. I only have like another month or so yet till ground is frozen and wanted to get some time in on it. Wish i would have known it was gonna be backordered. Im kinda pissed. Refund or just wait? Greg Horning

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kellyco could get you a replacement coil from another supplier, if they want to. Apparently, they don't want to.

As has already been pointed out, call them and tell them exactly what YOU want. You bought a NEW coil that doesn't work. They need to do whatever it takes to get a new, WORKING coil into your hands, ASAP.

OP
OP
firefighter35

firefighter35

Aug 19, 2009
Lebanon, pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x Minelab Explorer II Modified Bounty Hunter Garrett Ace 250(10x14 excelerator coil)
i have called today, they said it could be awhile till they get more from overseas. I am to call back next week to find out if they got more. Im kinda frustrated at this point, took almost 2 weeks to get the non working one. Wish i could find a used one, lol >:(

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OVERSEAS??????? You mean that coil isn't a stock Garrett's? Or has Garrett outsourced his manufacturing ops?

Sh--. I'm extra thankful for Tesoro. They make all of their own coils in the same building where the rest of their machines are made.......................in Arizona, USA.

Roadquest

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2005
C.R. HKt.B Sometimes there's not a right way, or
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Firefighter, That's a little unusual for Kellyco. I have been buying
from them for many years. If an issue came up with something
I bought from them, they have been quick to respond. I'd call them
again. Explain again about the coil. Ask to speak to the "manager"
owner the person in charge. Keep us informed on how this turns out.

OP
OP
firefighter35

firefighter35

Aug 19, 2009
Lebanon, pa
Detector(s) used
yea i sure will keep yall informed. it just seemed kinda odd today when i called to check the status and the guy said that the 10x14 was made over seas and could b alittle while. I just dont know if i can wait that long, lol the stock coil kinda sucks. :P

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You could always ask for your money back and order it from a different dealer.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that really don't sund like Kellyco. I have never had any problems with thim either. I have bought items from them for years and it is usually at my door within the same week. Yes I would call them back also.....Matt

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
I am very very skeptical person. In fact, a LONG time ago, I posted a question about kellyco about and order that I spend money on.. (because I'm so skeptical). But, I've learned that they are indeed top freakin notch people. If they tell you something, it's absolutely true and they are not trying to screw you. They WILL make it right. ..and in your case, it appears as though you might wait a little bit, which is hard to do for hard core miners like ourselves, but trust me, they are not doing this to be cruel... Hold on to your britches... its just a matter of time. Kellyco has ALWAYS done right!!!! They are really good people.

edit: trust what you just heard from everyone here... They are good people!!!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kellyco Definately is a Good
Company to Deal with.

hopefully they can get them in while the weather is holding.

Jeff

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Kelly co is a real good reputable company to deal with. I bought my first detector from them a few years back and had a good experience.
I am now a dealer and got a lot of tips from a friend who works with them in FL.
Hang tight and be patient. They wont do you wrong. HHHH Thanks to JW Your the man.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The old EXcelerator, and the new SEF Butterfly coils are custom made overseas in Europe for KellyCo.

If another dealer has it, it is my understanding they got it from KellyCo. When they are out KellyCo has to wait for another overseas shipment. I found this out by talking to them in person when I went in to test the new SEF coils. It sucks to have to wait, but when something is out of stock it is out till they get more. The new SEF coils are real popular...

Good luck.

Kellyco

Oct 10, 2007
Winter Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
Everything in Kellyco's Showroom!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coil in question is not made by Garrett. It does come from overseas and yes we are currently back-ordered on this product. I'm sorry you received a coil that did not work. We will replace it for you as soon as we have the coil in stock.

If there's anything else I can help you with, please contact me!

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
now who in their right mind could be mad at a beautiful red head wantin to get you back out detectin :laughing7:

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:hello:
I have the 10 x14 excelerator coil , it is amazing . With it I keep finding good targets in areas that I have searched before I purchaced the excelerator coil from Kelley Co. I am guessing they sold out of it proubaly because of the sale price that they have had on It. The other week while using the 10x14, I found a small hart shaped child's ring at 8"in a very trashy area. I have even been in that area before with my other detectors. The coil IMO is well worth the wait to it gets back in stock.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tank69 said:
now who in their right mind could be mad at a beautiful red head wantin to get you back out detectin :laughing7:

Now, that's plum embarrassing. ::)

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep the faith. If they are out, they are out. I know it's tough when your waiting for a new detecting toy. Kellyco has done me and my brother right for years. My brother and I will sometimes call JW and give him a rash just so they don't get to comfortable. ::)

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rando said:
CAll them!!!

They WILL make it right..
If they CAN'T get it, they CAN'T, but let them know you're missing detectin' time..
Trust me, they're very customer oriented.

I agree. I have ordered 5 times and never been disappointed :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
firefighter35

firefighter35

Aug 19, 2009
Lebanon, pa
Detector(s) used
well, its still backordered. the wait time is kinda long but hey, what can you do. I checked my kellyco account and it shows backordered now. So the wait is on. I will not cancel my order due to me really wanting this coil. lol Hope this one works now. :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread