Waders Information

B

Big1011Guy

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have been looking online for Waders and I am even more confused now than I was even before I knew what The Word "Waders" meant.
I have been detecting since April 2009 and do most of my searching in Galveston, Texas. I have the Sea Hunter and I search in knee high to waist high surf. I don't want to stop just because of the cooler weather and chilly water.
The first Info I need Help with is about what Size Waders do I need. - I am 6'2'' tall / 265 lbs (mostly in the belly area, duh!) and wear a size 12 shoe. There are all kinds of variations on the sizes from XXL to a Boot Size 12, 14 etc...
Next Please Recommend the Material (neoprene, rubber, breathable etc...) the Waders are made out of that is best suited for Metal Detecting in Galveston, Texas Cool Months.
I am wanting to wear Waders instead of say a Dry/Wet Suit because, by the time I got one of those Wet/Dry suits on over this Big Belly I would be to tired to go Detecting and I don't want someone walking along the Seawall mistaking me for a Beached Whale. :help:
Thanks in Advance for Your Input,
Big1011Guy.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
As for what particular model, size, brand, style, etc.... I can not direct you. Each person has their own likes and dislikes, diff. hunting environments, etc...

But here's a great place to find ANY style you want, and only quality makes:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/home/home.jsp?cm_re=Header*CabelasLogo*112009

Personally I got the chest high tide, with the some-sort of thick material (not too thick, lest you get too hot, but not chincy, lest it not last). And I got the type that has the built in boot bottoms (not the bootie sock-type bottoms). And not the leg-high type, lest they fill in with water, if a waves comes up a little too high ::) The chest high type with the bib-overall tops work great, and last for years (depending on what material you choose). Not cheap, but if you do a lot of water/wading, you won't be dissapointed.

OP
OP
B

Big1011Guy

Thanks Tom_in_CA, for the reply and link to Cabelas.
Much Appreciated, Guy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions