Son #2 made Eagle Scout UPDATE

eagle77

Jan 23, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, 3300, XTerra 70
Last week he had his final Board of Review, they signed off on his project.
http://yorknewstimes.com/articles/2009/06/17/news/doc4a38621c02b01216316297.txt

He also is now a Vigil Honor (highest rank) in Order of the Arrow (Honor Society for Boy Scouts).

His first day as a scout he seen the Eagle Scout members board and said his name was going to be there someday.

Mom, Dad and Son #1 is proud of him. :thumbsup:

Apr 11 was his Court of Honor Ceremony. He wanted the Order of The Arrow ceremony (which I agree is an awesome ceremony ) Thanks to Prairie Winds District OA Arrowmen. About 4 hours after the ceremony his feet finally touched earth again.
26979_1254907461781_1502416323_30555557_379811_n.jpg

digluv

Dec 7, 2009
Re: Son #2 made Eagle Scout

This is great and thanks for sharing. I was just chatting with someone about Eagle Scouts and how it seems we hear so little about our finest youth today. Anymore everything is so negative it seems.

There's still good out there and best to your son. And due to his strong determination it's almost a sure thing he will do very well.

digluv

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

When I was in a position to hire people, I would hire the Eagle Scout if the choice was close. Congrats to your son--and to you and your wife. I know it's a family effort; one involving patience and perserverance.
Don.....

S

stefen

Mackaydon said:
When I was in a position to hire people, I would hire the Eagle Scout if the choice was close. Congrats to your son--and to you and your wife. I know it's a family effort; one involving patience and perserverance.
Don.....

Well said

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congratulations from me and Maria, Eagle77, and good job, #2 son. I had some pretty good times in scouts (Troop 333, Hydro, OK). I'm in agreement with Mackaydon. I currently am in a position where I hire and I am very particular about who I hire. If the applicant had achieved the rank of Eagle Scout, he would probably be a shoo in as far as I'm concerned. Unfortunately and sadly, nobody ever mentions BSA to me in the interviews I decide to conduct.

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6

Congratulations. That is one fine accomplishment. Many years ago I was in Boy Scouts but only managed to get to star.
Tenderfoot
2nd class
1st class
Star
Live
Eagle

You should be very proud.

Ray S

mrjosh

Aug 1, 2008
Paducah, Kentucky & Hendersonville, Tn
Detector(s) used
Prizm III.
bullseye pinpointer
Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Tell him congrats. Being a Eagle is something he can be proud of for the rest of his life. I earned mine in Benton Kentucky. Make sure he joins NESA.

KJ$IPW

Dec 6, 2009
NC
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic III, Whites 4900dl pro plus

Congrats to your son, he has done something many people never do. :hello2: I got my Eagle in 1984, because my stepdad wouldn't let me get my license if I didn't get Eagle Scout! :dontknow:
HH
Steve

P

Pentico

Congrats!
It is a great time in a young mans life!
The eagle will be with him the rest of his life..........

ChrisP
eagle 1978

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

CONGRATS. I have been a boy scout leader for 28 years and also am a OA vigil member. The Eagle award will open a lot of doors for him.

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

We are proud of you and your son. He is well on the way.

You should be commended as well as him. I know the work and worry you went through.

Our son made Eagle, a automatic stripe right out or Marine Corps Boot Camp.
That was 11 yrs ago. Now he is a S/Sgt with Force Recon. (Battlefield promotion in Falugah)

Attachments

• SSgt.jpg
    SSgt.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 85

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Congrats...hard work earned.

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other

Way to go on that well deserved promotion. I was in on my nephews project for his Eagle Scout destination. His project was Restoration of the archery range back-stops at Pontiac Lake State Park in Pontiac, Michigan. He bought all the lumber, got all the help, and got everything organized on a nice rainy day, but he persevered and got it done. It was an exciting and proud time to be at his commemoration, as I am sure it was for you. I was in the scouts, then the Explorer scouts Marine division, never was asked if I wanted to try for Eagle, my parents were always too busy for us kids. Once again :wav: to your son...........NGE

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats to him and your family. Treasure him as they grow up so very fast.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I had a teacher in highschool who was an Eagle scout and he said of all the teaching he got in the military was nothing compared to what he got from scouting.Also our newspaper shows at least once aweek all the scouts that have made it to EAgloe scout. :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread