North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KylePA said:
You have my Colonial vote, Dug. :thumbsup: You are a great asset to this forum, my bud from NC.

Thanks Sir Kyle.
We need to raise these Colonial kids up right. ;D :wink:
-Dug-

tymcmurray said:
Doug, you are such a thoughtful soul, except when it come to jokes on me.
Let's give one for the kids. What could it hurt? We are all about doing the hobby right.
Great idea, for a yardee! :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

Thanks Ty. I only joke on you because I like you. At least up until that "Yardee" comment. :tongue3: :laughing9:
-Doug-

{Sentinel} said:
:icon_thumright: That is a VERY cool idea :icon_thumleft: Just to see that BIG SMILE ;D on your nephew's face gave me a big smile! I think a banner and maybe some kind of room on the forum would be a touchdown :hello2:
Very thoughtful and great idea Doug :thumbsup:

Thanks Josh.
If anyone has ever tried to detect a tot lot with kids around they would know how the kids flock to see what is going on, and want to try it themselves. :thumbsup:
-Doug-

Mirage said:
Doug,
That is a good idea. Not sure how to practically implement it but if there is a will there is a way.

Bob

Thanks Bob.
I'm sure you enjoy your time out detecting with Nate. He's a big kid now, but you get the idea. ;D
-Doug-

S

seger98

Well I would think by now Marc, or someone has seen this idea & maybe can step in & let us know if feasible?

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seger98 said:
Well I would think by now Marc, or someone has seen this idea & maybe can step in & let us know if feasible?

I PM'd Marc yesterday, so hopefully he is thinking about it. :icon_thumleft:
"Come on Marc, it's a good idea." :sign13:
-MM-

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
lets do it get one for the kids my daughter is getting a ace 250 for christmas and she is pretty good with her old bh she finds bottles in her holes with metal junk mixed in

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on Marc. :love4: ;D
The crowd is cheering.
Thanks,
MM

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think this is a wonderful idea. Anybody have any clue as to how many members are under 15?

Tnet must keep track of the demographic of its membership, right? :icon_scratch:

-Buck

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great idea. :sign13: And with that sales pitch, it has to be a winner! :thumbsup: ;D

Nana :wink:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd vote for it. Most folks don't know this about me, but I was a kid once. I responded reasonably well to recognition (the right kind) and it inspired me to do better. Positive reinforcement, I guess.

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
Cool! :thumbsup: Would give Kirk a chance. ;D

Classic! :laughing9:
Thanks IP. :thumbsup:

RGINN said:
I'd vote for it. Most folks don't know this about me, but I was a kid once. I responded reasonably well to recognition (the right kind) and it inspired me to do better. Positive reinforcement, I guess.

I believe ya RGINN. :thumbsup: :wink:
Thanks for the reply.
-MM-

Nana40 said:
What a great idea. :sign13: And with that sales pitch, it has to be a winner! :thumbsup: ;D

Nana :wink:

Thanks Nana,
I used to sell ladies clothing before I started detecting as a career. :tongue3: :laughing9:
-Doug-

BuckleBoy said:
I think this is a wonderful idea. Anybody have any clue as to how many members are under 15?

Tnet must keep track of the demographic of its membership, right? :icon_scratch:
-Buck

Not only that BB, but what about all our kids that aren't members yet. :dontknow: :icon_scratch: Could be in the billions? ;D :wink:
Thanks buddy,
Doug

whynot said:
Great idea! :icon_thumleft:

Thank you Whynot. :thumbsup:
-MM-

Still no answer from Marc. :(
Must be out doing his holiday shopping for us all. :dontknow: :icon_scratch: :tongue3:
Thanks for all the interested everyone,
MM

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
BuckleBoy said:

-Buck
Not members but, Potential members is huge here. (100-125 per week) In the summer we teach metal detecting to kids of that age bracket. They love it! And they are intrigued with the treasure forums I frequent. As a matter of fact some have used the 4-h login for their ID's in the past. Now, I'm telling you it's becoming one of the most popular activities we do here. This is our second year doing this at this facility with donated detectors from Tesoro and Minelab. It's a huge hit and I cannot believe more camps don't do it.You will see in the future more and more of these "treasure pits" at summer camps. I built a large sandbox type pit which is covered when not in use. It is kept very clean and It is loaded with color coded tokens for kids to use at our camp store. Ian, from Research and Recovery will be coming to film this must see event this summer.

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4-H said:
BuckleBoy said:

-Buck
Not members but, Potential members is huge here. (100-125 per week) In the summer we teach metal detecting to kids of that age bracket. They love it! And they are intrigued with the treasure forums I frequent. As a matter of fact some have used the 4-h login for their ID's in the past. Now, I'm telling you it's becoming one of the most popular activities we do here. This is our second year doing this at this facility with donated detectors from Tesoro and Minelab. It's a huge hit and I cannot believe more camps don't do it.You will see in the future more and more of these "treasure pits" at summer camps. I built a large sandbox type pit which is covered when not in use. It is kept very clean and It is loaded with color coded tokens for kids to use at our camp store. Ian, from Research and Recovery will be coming to film this hilarious event this summer.

Great job Mike. You and your wife should be very proud. :hello2:
-Doug-

johnnyi

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2009
new jersey
Detector(s) used
minelab, white's xlt, deus xp, fisher aquanaut, white's twin box
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great idea Modern Miner. While we're at it, how about an idea of timekiller's; a banner for detectorists west of the Mississippi? People in the west have a much tougher time digging banner finds than those of us in the east, yet they work just as hard for all they find.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
johnnyi said:
Great idea Modern Miner. While we're at it, how about an idea of timekiller's; a banner for detectorists west of the Mississippi? People in the west have a much tougher time digging banner finds than those of us in the east, yet they work just as hard for all they find.

I have a better idea! How about a banner-facebook page where people post their best current find. :thumbsup: You would open the page and see everyone's "square" having their mug shot and find. I often wonder why I am not building rockets. ;D

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
johnnyi said:

I have a better idea! How about a banner-facebook page where people post their best current find. :thumbsup: You would open the page and see everyone's "square" having their mug shot and find. I often wonder why I am not building rockets. ;D
Patch I must say! You should pack up your detector and move to Florida! ;D :laughing9: :laughing7: :D There you could make rockets in the day and MD all night never having to stop other then to clean your finds. :laughing9: :notworthy: :headbang: Or maybe watch your rocket blast off! ;D :D :wink: Anyway I'm picturing this in my head. As there would be alot of pics. to try and fit on the screen not sure how you'd do it.As the ones in the back might not ever get looked at.

I agree that the kids although I don't have any, need a little banner place and keep them busy as no dought from the time I was little that kids are getting soft from TV,Computers,Video Games! I know when I was little I never stayed inside just wasn't nothing for me.I was always out in the woods or somewhere doing something!

Banner I'm not sure how is the best really.You could even have a Argument about a Not quiet banner or as you say (IP) Fanner finds.As I know many on here get's votes but don't ever get there :icon_scratch:

Interresting your Idea's there Both- Iron Patch,Modern Miner

The way I see it the Banner should be used for the very rarest,most unique,or most historical the value is a big ????? as value in one persons eye is so much different from person to person.Saying that I'll say this I know everyone likes $$$ so how is that banner?

The only true way to be fair how I see it is to catgorize all the types of finds Indian,Relics,coins,jewlery,Bottles etc.Then if you make banner it would go there.After that there would still be a overall banner at the top that would include the very best at that time from the catgory it is in!

I don't know there are all kinds of things that could be done.The mine could run wild if you let it. :laughing9:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
timekiller said:
Iron Patch said:
johnnyi said:

Patch I must say! You should pack up your detector and move to Florida! ;D :laughing9: :laughing7: :D There you could make rockets in the day and MD all night never having to stop other then to clean your finds. :laughing9: :notworthy: :headbang: Or maybe watch your rocket blast off! ;D :D :wink: Anyway I'm picturing this in my head. As there would be alot of pics. to try and fit on the screen not sure how you'd do it.As the ones in the back might not ever get looked at.

I agree that the kids although I don't have any, need a little banner place and keep them busy as no dought from the time I was little that kids are getting soft from TV,Computers,Video Games! I know when I was little I never stayed inside just wasn't nothing for me.I was always out in the woods or somewhere doing something!

Banner I'm not sure how is the best really.You could even have a Argument about a Not quiet banner or as you say (IP) Fanner finds.As I know many on here get's votes but don't ever get there :icon_scratch:

The way I see it the Banner should be used for the very rarest,most unique,or most historical the value is a big ????? as value in one persons eye is so much different from person to person.Saying that I'll say this I know everyone likes $$$ so how is that banner?

The only true way to be fair how I see it is to catgorize all the types of finds Indian,Relics,coins,jewlery,Bottles etc.Then if you make banner it would go there.After that there would still be a overall banner at the top that would include the very best at that time from the catgory it is in!

I don't know there are all kinds of things that could be done.The mine could run wild if you let it. :laughing9:

Simple!!! I'll send you a message and show you, then you can post again saying it's a great idea! (and buy me a ticket to FL!) :thumbsup:

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
timekiller said:
Iron Patch said:
johnnyi said:

Simple!!! I'll send you a message and show you, then you can post again saying it's a great idea! (and buy me a ticket to FL!) :thumbsup:
Great Idea! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: I did not say it was a bad Idea! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's stick to the kids banner for this post.
You two can make your travel plans later. ;D
Thanks guys.
Still no word from arc. :( :dontknow:
-MM-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread