Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I am sure you all get emails from African royalty claiming to offer you money, but I have never seen one targeting treasure hunters before.

Here is what was in my email. Please tell me what you think!:

Dear Sir:

I have something for you to share about. Sometime this year, a group of professional treasure hunters have positively confirmed a treasure site here in [edited]. They used a certain device like a metal detector to scan the said area and they found it positive as a result of the scan. They even have a treasure map that they carry it with them and that's certainly the reason they find it. However, problems arise when the [edited] wants a complete and full authority of the said find, they wanted a full 100% share because to them these so-called treasure belongs to them during the [edited]. The land owner of the said area want's a 50/50 share but the [edited] won't allow it hence, the said treasure venture was not fruitful or unsuccessful.

I am asking for your professional expertise and assistance, if you would allow to conduct a scan of the said area (again) and would even assist in funding the labor and recovery of the said treasure site. The land owner would certainly be glad if you accept a 50/50 share if there's a confirm treasure found. I suggest that you would send first a representative to conduct a primary operation and once confirmed good then you may come along with others if necessary. I wish to hear from you soon! Merry Christmas.

Truly yours,

[edited]l

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Hi Neil, I was just about to post the same thing. I just received this email. They must be getting all of our emails off of the site. I guess it is easier to steal from the naive, the to do an honest days work.

OP
OP
West Jersey Detecting

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Rando said:
Saturna said:
Why was the story in the first post edited? To protect the guilty?

i don't think HE did that. i think the board settings here edit out the word "--deleted--" rhymes with "bit" and is another word for crap.
Did it to mine too....

:laughing7:

EDIT: nevermind, I see that you meant the guy's name in the email...

I [edited] the content because at the time I was not sure if it was legitimate. I noticed I got a hit on my website from a city near Manilla about the time this email was sent. It is the first time I ever had a visitor from the Philippines. It is nearly 1200Km to the place where the treasure is located.

I also replied to the email for some more specifics, such as travel arrangements, etc. and have not heard back yet. It is the middle of the night right now in the S. Pacific.

Here are the maps:
map222.JPG
scan0001.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread