up she comes - freinds grandpas silver stash * unearthed to cover burial cost

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
a good freind of mine --just came by his gramps whos will I helped make out a short while ago --just passed , seems old gramps was a silver hoarder and had a buried stash --booby trapped too boot -- you pull the chain to bring it up -- you got fried -- if you did not know it was hooked to electric power and shut it off first before doing the chain bit -- one sock alone had 300 silver washington quarters in it -- $750 at 10x time face sell value .

the family wants me to look thru the coins for em --their going to sell about $1000 worth of the silver to cover the cost of a headstone and top cover .--and do not want to "give away any better coins" for melt value .

the hoard has got morgan and peace dollars (some), walkers , franklins (some) , barber halves and quarters (some) washington quarters (lots) and roosevelt dimes (lots) --the old man had been hoarding silver since 1963 when he heard silver was going to pulled out the money.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Very interesting that he booby trapped the silver "vault". Sorry for his passing. It is nice that you can help the family during this time.

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
well they will not just let you bury folks in the backyard any more plehbah -- their fussy about such things these days . -- gotta had a containtment vault and bury em all offical like and stuff like that .

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
buried under a big hunk of steel plate that you had to attach a chain to lift it with-- it hung near by --however * the chain was electricifed -- grab the chain to hoist the plate without knowing about it being wired --- ZITTT freid to a crisp -- sneaky old codger.

ammo_u

Nov 25, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice of you to help them out in such a difficult time. My grandfather passed 6 months ago and I remember helping my granny pack his old clothes up for charity and he had the top and botton drawyer of his dresser filled with old silver coins. I asked her if she knew about them and she did not. I asked how she could not know what was in his dresser and she said he did not like people going through his stuff so she never did. She latter told me he sold a 5 gallon bucket full of old silver coins BY WEIGHT AND NOT BY COIN and I almost passed out. I guess the coin dealer told him they were not worth anymore than their weight because they were to old. There are some truly horrible people in this world who are not worth the price of the lead to kill them.

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
their good freinds of the family * the man that died-- his daughter is best freinds with my wife. -- when the end was coming for the old man they had no will -- we urged them to get one and helped them set it up --just in time it seems -- it was only a couple months ago --the old man knew he was on the way out --told his grandson (son of the woman my wife works with) a metal detecting freind of mine-- about the stash and booby trap during his last few days .

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice that your helping them out... My mom saved all her silver from her waitressing days. She had like 5 one gallon cans filled up and a bunch loose. I wonder if there are any "Good Ones" in the mess, I would guess there probably is.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well actually I read in the paper where folks are found buried in the backyard all the time. Parts of them, at least. That's a good deal you're doin helping them out Ivan Salis.

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
as freinds of mine --- I do not want them scalped --by dishonest folks

plehbah --being the fellow died at a nursing home which he was in the last two months of his life --since he needed round the clock nursing care --its kinda hard to slip into a swamp from a nursing home --plus he did not give up his secert stash to the family until right at the very last --( and I bet if he "tripped" into a swamp fulla gators-- bet he would not tell anyone where it was or that it was booby trapped --ZITTT)

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice of you to help them out ivan. :icon_thumright: If by chance you are able to get any pics of some piles of silver.......

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
well if one is broke with no "assets" --and ones family doesn't collect the body --the govt gets to foot the "final bill" and its off to potters feild or creamation you go. --only fair the govt should take care of you in the end --since they fed off you your whole life via taxes

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
And if you are a veteran, you can always get a place in a Veteran's Cemetary for free.
Rich

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
gramps wanted to be buried in the familys normal burial spot * where his family has over the years been buried * -- so his wishes and burial plans were clearly spelt out in his will where he was to be buried * andthe fact that he did not want to be creamated.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions